Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 zone ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 zone ride?

So with all the reading of threads and pics I'm confused. I see alot with 2 or 3 zone choke. For now to keep it simple, using the td3 ride input, can I build a 2 zone ride, bow and bell, with piezo piezo and 1 trs jack?
    Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
    Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
    DIY vdrums

You can, but then you have to choose between two bad otpions :
    1)plug this two zone ride in the snare input of the TD3 (the only one that is piezo/piezo, according to this chart : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_...t_capabilities
    2) make a Keith Rapper circuit for the bell piezo to be able to plug it into a piezo switch input. But it may works good enough only if you can physically isolate the bell from the bow.

Comment

Oh, so the ride input is a piezo/switch? I was reviewing rider52online's cymbal design. He was using a TD20 with only 1 input. He has 2 piezo for the bell, 1 for the bow and an a choke.
      DIY vdrums

Comment

Oh, so the ride input is a piezo/switch?
        Yes.
        I was reviewing rider52online's cymbal design. He was using a TD20 with only 1 input. He has 2 piezo for the bell, 1 for the bow and an a choke.
        Double check, there must be something you don't really understood. With one TRS input, you can make a piezo/piezo cymbal (without choke) on a piezo/piezo input, or a piezo/switch cymbal with choke on a piezo switch input.
        With two trs inputs, you can make a three zone ride on two piezo/switch inputs. (bell piezo, bow piezo and edge/choke switch), or of course a three zone ride like CY12/13/15 (Bell switch, bow piezo/ edge + choke switch), but then you need a module that is compatible with roland three zone ride.
        And did you mean Racer52 (instead of rider52) ?

Comment

• ronyd
          ronyd commented
          Editing a comment
          thankx I'll review again. Always in the roland wiki page for the modules. Looks Like I need to be more familiar with it.

Option 2 is my only choice. Otherwise need to upgrade to a roland module or go for the megadrum module (and a VST).

Yes Racer52online... dah...

If you want to try to make a Keith rapper circuit, make sure to isolate the bell from the bow, or you'll could really be disapointed with the result.
        You can also try to make a real bell switch. I've made one that works pretty good on this ride : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ6yEc8TPjM

Comment

Originally posted by Sylv1co View Post
          If you want to try to make a Keith rapper circuit, make sure to isolate the bell from the bow, or you'll could really be disapointed with the result.
          You can also try to make a real bell switch. I've made one that works pretty good on this ride : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ6yEc8TPjM
          thankx. I'll check it out. I don;t mind diving into this stuff, but has to be a good end result. Much more to learn before diving in.

Ideally, stealth solution would be good, but $$$. also, I'm not trying to emulate an acoustic kit. Just usable enough when I need to play quiet.

On another note, I have a CY5/FD7 which isn't that great, but I get by with it. Opening and closing is sometimes hit and miss, where closing still sounds like it's open, If I'm playing a foot ostinato, barely can hear the open/close. oh well.....
          DIY vdrums

Comment

Working...
          X