Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What module to start an A2E kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What module to start an A2E kit?

Totally new to this but have been doing a lot of reading on this site and it's been a great help. Still confused on what I should go with and the more I read the more confused I get. lol

So anyways what module do you guys suggest I start my kit with?

I plan on running intrigg triggers.

2Box $1100 seems very good but a pain to get good cymbals to work with them.

TD-11 $580

TD-15 $1100

TD-30 $2200 seems awesome but is it overkill or should I save up for this beast?

DTX700 $800

DTX900 $1550

Never owned a Yammie module, but have owned several of the Roland modules you have mentioned including the 9, 15, and 30 and I currently own the 2 box and that is the one I would suggest for you out of those choices, for sure Good luck with your purchase and welcome!

Comment

Ditto on 2box
      electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Cool, thanks guysl. I think 2box it is. I just read you can load VST sounds right on the module, that is awesome!!

Anyone know if the yamaha 3 zone cymbals work with the 2box?

Maybe I should just go crazy and get the new gen16 bronze cymbals... wife may kill me though.

Triggera, I am assuming the 2box must work with the intrigg's fine?

Comment

Absolutely. I'm using it on 2box. And that video is done on 2box

Although, it works with Roland and Yamaha as well
          electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Awesome thanks!

Comment

I'd love a 2box module, although it costs almost 4 times more than the Yamaha DTX500 module I have now.

Comment

• hemiboy
                hemiboy commented
                Editing a comment
                When the funds are there , grab one . You won't regret it

• hemiboy
                hemiboy commented
                Editing a comment
                How do you like that Yammie module, anyway? I messed around with a yammie 900 kit one day and I have to say I liked it! The silicone pads are pretty cool as well, different than mesh and regular rubber, might even be a little more realistic, have to play them again. Like to have them on full size shells, oh well!

• TheYardbird
                TheYardbird commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the module, it's basically a DTXpress 4 module that's been slightly upgraded, so it's really nothing new, but it works just fine. Some 3-zone outputs, dual zones here and there, It's a great started module, although I'd prefer at least a DTX502, but there's no way of getting these module here in Sweden, my DTX500 is imported from USA and by the time I purchased it there was no good deals on 502 modules, although now I see more and more of them poping up on eBay for about the same price so I'm thinking about trying to sell my DTX500 and import a 502.

Yep...2Box will always be my "go to" choice as long as they continue on the path that they have blazed for us.
              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
              X