Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Roland geniuses who won't laugh at me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Roland geniuses who won't laugh at me!

I'm a Yamaha guy but I'm got my own DYI project going and not ready yet to confront building a Keith Raper circuit to get my switching happening. So going piezo/piezo and I'm building a modified cake-pan design (kudos to ChromeBoy and JmanWorld) and using a borrowed Roland TD-20. Okay, here's where you laugh at me: my head piezo triggers the head, my rim piezo is triggering a rim shot -- on every kit I choose. I want it to trigger a cross-stick. I've tried to figure it out but haven't been able to. What's the secret? Or, what page in the manual can I find that? Thanks!
    robpagecreative.com

Sorry, don't know about Roland, but you know you can DIY your own switch for Yamaha?
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
      Sorry, don't know about Roland, but you know you can DIY your own switch for Yamaha?
      Yeah, that's the Keith Raper circuit I'd mentioned. Just trying to wrap my head around piezo/piezo before I start getting into that!
      robpagecreative.com

Comment

Nope, not the KR ....

Did it with my module. Works much better than my attempts with a KR circuit. Now, if there was a real production of a switch, that'd be amazing, but as DIY, it's not that difficult.
        http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...m-cymbal/page2
        DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Balz View Post
          my rim piezo is triggering a rim shot -- on every kit I choose. I want it to trigger a cross-stick. I've tried to figure it out but haven't been able to. What's the secret? Or, what page in the manual can I find that? Thanks!
          Assign to the rim a sound marked "*X" on Page 92 and increase XStick Thrshld as on Page 49.

Or assign to the rim one of the sounds named "xxxxxx Xstik" (127-141) on Page 92 which don't include a rimshot.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
            Nope, not the KR ....

Did it with my module. Works much better than my attempts with a KR circuit. Now, if there was a real production of a switch, that'd be amazing, but as DIY, it's not that difficult.
            http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...m-cymbal/page2
            Interesting, thanks. If you think you're clueless with electrical (as you posted in that thread), I'm REALLY clueless! All I need to hear is the word "resister" and I glaze over so what seems simple to you guys it daunting to me for sure. But heck, maybe I'll give it a try when I get time.
            robpagecreative.com

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post

Assign to the rim a sound marked "*X" on Page 92 and increase XStick Thrshld as on Page 49.

Or assign to the rim one of the sounds named "xxxxxx Xstik" (127-141) on Page 92 which don't include a rimshot.

Bruce
              Thanks BarT. Will check it out.

EDIT: Well I fiddled with those settings -- changing XStick Thrshld didn't change anything, THEN I noticed the "XSTICK" button in the MAIN WINDOW staring me right in the face. D'oh! Engage that, you get the cross stick, no rim shot. Exactly what I want. So I just had to roll through all the presets and turn that on, now I'm good to go. It's always the simplest things that trip me up! Okay, thanks all.
              Last edited by Ronnie Balz; 03-22-14, 01:30 PM.
              robpagecreative.com

Comment

Working...
              X