Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A to E china cymbals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A to E china cymbals

    Hey guys I am new to the forum and recently purchased TD11KV. I am going to have a crack at changing some china cymbals from A to E. I have seen some stuff on You Tube that demonstrates "how to" on standard cymbals. I am not sure if the same principles apply to china cymbals. I got some ideas of my own that may work, happy to share if its a success. Any advice and links to current or past threads would very appreciated.

    Horns Up
    Catman

  • #2
    Yep...principle is basically the same except easier as you dont need a rim switch or choke. Just one piezo and a jack and dampening.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

    Comment


    • #3
      I found this on another thread you posted on, it was very helpful. Thank you.


      https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...85:ld78rt83m3w

      Comment


      • #4
        Yep...it's a great tool for sure. I use it constantly.
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

        Comment


        • #5
          Here are the results of my A to E cymbal conversion. I still have a 12" china to finish.
          After thoroughly cleaning them, they were painted matt black using Kill Rust then baked in my drying oven.
          I used 3mm PVC sheet on the underside of the cymbals and drum damping material on the top and a black silicon for adhesive. A 2 part epoxy was also used.
          The edges are 4mm poly irrigation tubing.









          I am happy with results, they play well, acoustically there not too loud.

          Horns Up
          Catman
          Attached Files
          Last edited by catman; 03-21-14, 06:27 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I had another go at uploading the photos, this time I hope you guys can see what I have made.

            Comment

            Working...
            X