Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass drum trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass drum trigger?

any good links or threads on DIY constructing bass drum trigger for 20-22" sizes?
    Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
    Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
    DIY vdrums

I've just started building my triggered 22" bass drum. I've built a heavy wooden crossbar that I've attached diagonally across the drum between two diagonally opposite lugs. I'm going to add foam between the crossbar and drum head to improve the feel when striking it. I will be adding the trigger to either the crossbar between the rim and where the beater strikes or attaching a trigger to the screw of a lug. I'm not sure yet!

Comment

I read a thread where offsetting the trigger from the beater is best results, especially if you bury the beater. I used PinTech's internal crossbar for my snare and did the same.

FYI, I'm not sure if you need foam on crossbar. PinTech's piezo is stickon right to the crossbar. The foam cyclinder is placed on top of the piezo. http://pintechworld.com/shop/pad-foam/

It sounds like crossbar is the best approach.
      Last edited by ronyd; 02-14-14, 03:42 PM.
      Yamaha Absolute Birch;Yamaha Oak Custom
      Paiste Cymbals; Zildjian Hybrid Cymbals
      DIY vdrums

Comment

I hope so ronyd!

Comment

Originally posted by KennyinDundee View Post
          I hope so ronyd!
          I have some crossbars (we call them bridges) in the warehouse that have some scratches on them. If you don't mind a few scratches, then I am sure I can make you a deal on one. You just tell me the exact size, and I can get you taken care of. Contact me directly using the email on the website, and I will get you a price. And if you have any technical questions (even if you don't use our stuff), then just send them my way as well. We are always willing to help out!

Comment

Many thanks pintech for offering your services, knowledge and advice and of course your products lol. I'm going to stick with my DIY solutions as it's quite fun creating, experimenting and trouble shooting as it's an exciting challenge. However there will certainly be others who would be interested in those crossbars. I think it's good that you guys are now actively trying to promote your products on these forums as it helps us to consider more options and will hopefully promote more competitive pricing.

Comment

Working...
            X