Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intrigg - internal drum trigger by Triggera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrigg - internal drum trigger by Triggera

Due to the famous forum software issues, I was not able to post this thread and properly announce this new product we're very proud of ...
    Hopefully, the software got better and instead of talking about intrigg in other threads - we can have this dedicated thread.
    So here's intrigg:

Perfect solution for your A2E conversions.
    Electronic drum trigger designed for 2box, but works with Roland, Alesis, Yamaha. Works perfectly on mesh heads.
    electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Nice design. Is it dual zone? Where's the rim trigger?
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
      Nice design. Is it dual zone? Where's the rim trigger?
      Yes it's dual zone, and according to Triggera ''The rim trigger is somewhat diagonally to the connector'' so you don't really see them on these pictures.

Comment

Do you imput your cable inside the shell or is there a trigger jack in the rim trigger not clear in the picture

Comment

We'll have better pictures soon.

@hemiboy, I'm not sure I understood ... You input the cable to that connector in the above pic.
          It's dual zone - you get both zones by connecting it there.

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

• hemiboy
            hemiboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok my bad , the cable goes thru the air vent and plugs in. Sorry, half asleep!

Let's ask hemiboy's question in a different way:
          How do you get the cable out of the drum-shell?

Greetings from Switzerland,
          - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

It appears that the user has to run a 1/4" cable into the drum. This could be done by installing a 1/4" female chassis mount connector in the shell's vent hole, then soldering an extension with a male adaptor on the other end to plug into the Intrigg.
            1/4" female chassis mount connector:
            http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio-.../dp/B00F8M91HI
            male mono plug
            http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio-.../dp/B00F8M91HI

It would be better if Triggera provided the whole solution with these components (unless they already do!)

ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Well, there are several possible solutions, depending on the drum or wanted application.
              Some drums just have larger ventholes that can accept 1/4" cables/jacks. Or if not - you can enlarge it just a bit. If you don't want to do that, you can run the cable through the bottom - either by cutting a hole in the bottom head (for example you have some cheap mylar head on the bottom, just to cover the bottom), or if you don't have a bottom head.
              I'm sure there are some other solutions as well.
              We didn't want to create a one-for-all package, simply because there's lot of different approaches.
              For example, I have a cut-toms e-kit with intriggs ... Such users would not need any additional cables or components.
              Sure, we can create additional cables/components on request.

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Triggera,

You've stated that this product was designed for the 2 box application but works well with other brands. Obviously, the edge mount design would prevent use of positional sensing with Roland modules, which I expect would deter some would be Roland users. But...If someone where to incorporate a crossbar design on the snare, an unaltered Intrigg could then be center mounted. I'd suggest the crossbar design be deep enough to allow the Intrigg to be mounted as intended using multiple fasteners. Has it been tested in this way to see if positional sensing is attainable?
                Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Comment

No, it hasn't been tested for positional sensing and/or that kind of application. But I don't see why it wouldn't allow positional sensing if mounted in the center.
                  Someone (more experienced with roland positional sensing) please correct me if I'm wrong ...

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

That would probably work for positional sensing. Not sure how well the rim sensor will work as this trigger setup was designed to be mounted directly to the shell. Maybe an increase in rim sensitivity and a bit of head/rim adjustment can be made to have a workable center mounted trigger. If someone wants to give it a try and let people know how it works, I am all for that. Heck I would do it, but sending out for one trigger to the US would cost an awful lot in shipping.
                    I think my work is done here.

Comment

Originally posted by bwilburn79 View Post
                      Triggera,You've stated that this product was designed for the 2 box application but works well with other brands. Obviously, the edge mount design would prevent use of positional sensing with Roland modules

After a good comment from Tommy...:

Originally posted by Tommy_D View Post
                      These look like a really great triggering system. They would probably work perfectly for a 2box A2E conversion. Not so great for a Roland A2E as you lose positional sensing.
                      ...I've said this:

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
                      They'd probably work just as perfect on lower level Roland's (TD-4 / 9 / 11 / 15, or even TM-2), because they all don't support Pos-Sens

So, unless you go for the 'big guns' (TD-30 ...and I'd also like to include 20 and 12, which all offer Pos-Sens), you don't lose anything by using the Intrigg!

If someone where to incorporate a crossbar design on the snare, an unaltered Intrigg could then be center mounted. I'd suggest the crossbar design be deep enough to allow the Intrigg to be mounted as intended using multiple fasteners.
                      I'm all in favour of this idea. But if you really wanted a Pos-Sens-capable trigger with moveable cone, just take a look at the DDT trigger-truss!

HTH
                      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

The Intrigg seems like a capable product and a decent value as well. I choose the DIY route myself but many want an out-of-the-box solution. I'm suggesting that Triggera could do some in-house testing to find a way to center mount one. (Might even result in another product) A successful result might keep Roland users, who own a module that incorporates PS, from writing off the Intrigg simply because it is edge mounted. I suspect, like Tommy_D, that the rim triggering would suffer when it isn't mounted directly to the shell. Testing would prove this out as well. Whether or not it performs well center mounted, it should be considered for use on the toms or kick even if an alternative solution is needed for the snare to incorporate PS. Just trying to help Triggera expand the application of a neat product.
                        Last edited by bwilburn79; 01-22-14, 01:18 PM. Reason: I'm OCD about grammar
                        Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Comment

I think Roland-users who demand incorporated PS will be happy with their Quartzes!

- Dänoh

Comment

The Intrigg seems like a capable product and a decent value as well. I choose the DIY route myself but many want a out of the box solution. I'm suggesting that Triggera could do some in house testing to find a way to center mount one. (Might even result in another product) A successful result might keep Roland users, who own a module that incorporates PS, from writing off the Intrigg simply because it is edge mounted. I suspect, like Tommy_D, that the rim triggering would suffer when it isn't mounted directly to the shell. Testing would prove this out as well. Whether or not it performs well center mounted, it should be considered for use on the toms or kick even if an alternative solution is needed for the snare to incorporate PS. Just trying to help Triggera expand the application of a neat product.
                            ​I would think the rim piezo would have to increase in size to make it a bit more sensitive right from the get go. I'm not sure what size piezo is used for the rim sensor in the current shell mounted trigger Triggera has here, but cake pans seem to work best with a 35mm piezo. I haven't done any research on cross bar setups, but I would assume 35mm works well for those as well. A smaller piezo can work, but you would have to increase your sensitivity on the module. I do not know if this will have any adverse effects on the triggering between head and rim, but a simple test with the current setup would let you know if anything has to be changed to do a center mounted trigger setup.
                            I think my work is done here.

Comment

• bwilburn79
                              bwilburn79 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If anyone attempts the crossbar experiment, consider mounting the crossbar to the shell with little to no isolation. Since it's intended to mount directly to the shell, I suspect the Intrigg design isolates the head trigger well enough to avoid cross talk. Rigid mounting of the crossbar could minimize the need to boost the rim trigger sensitivity.

• fulrmr(Daniel)
                              fulrmr(Daniel) commented
                              Editing a comment
                              When I used my cross bar design I mounted the rim piezo directly to the cross bar in the center just like Roland does. Never had to attach it to the shell to get good rim response....and at the time..I was using 25mm for rim and 35mm for the head. I did however have ample separation between the two.
                          Working...
                          X