Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY SHEFFIELD UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY SHEFFIELD UK

If anyone near me needs any help or advice on A to E project then they are welcome to pay me a visit and I will be only too happy to show them and they can see first hand at what can be acheived , I will even give them a set of my foam triggers to get em started just send me a pm I only live 10 mins from Jnc 35 off M1 regards Duncan.

Just wanted to say I took Duncan up on his kind offer and made the trip up to his gaff at the weekend. What a helpful guy, gave me some great advice and showed me round his DIY A2E Tama kit which not only looks fantastic but triggers beautifully as well. Actually seeing it in the flesh just filled in the little knowledge gaps which I had from just reading about DIY triggers and I'll now get on with my own kit with a bit more confidence.

Thanks Dunc, you're a gent!

Comment

Your welcome Tim great to meet you ,can't wait to see your finished results and have fun (as well as frustration), when you get it finished I would love to pop down your way and give the 2box a proper test drive, regards Duncan. fellow nerd (for the missus)

Comment

Hi itsme. Got any pics of your triggers mate?

Comment

Will take the head off a tom and take some pics for you,what sort of mounting method do you use,mine is on a 6mm MDF disc cut 1" smaller than the inside shell dia then an electrical cable gromit in the centre,this holds the mounting plate using a bolt through gromit and tightens onto the threads of the bolt making it totally adjustable.

Comment

I use an adjustable L bracket that I mount to a lug screw. Simple but very effective.

Comment

Hi ItsMe. I'd also like to see your triggers. I'm trying to get a side mount trigger for my A2E snare but I can't find the right material to isolate the head piezo. I saw in another thread you provided an exercise mat? Any recommendations for (specific) isolating materials would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
              TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

Sorry for not posting pics ,just got back from holiday in Cyprus ,ime on with it Duncan

Comment

Working...
                X