Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What adhesive to use on cymbal conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What adhesive to use on cymbal conversion?

Hey all,

For sound deadening on my cymbal conversion, I'll be using 3.5mm sponge rubber (same stuff that mousepads are made of) on top of the cymbal, with an additional layer of 1/32" santoprene on top of that for added durability in the strike zone. Question: what adhesive should I use for glueing these things to each other and to the cymbal? Is contact cement the way to go? Gorilla glue? Something else?

Any advice would be most appreciated -- I don't have much experience with adhesives.

Thanks!
    TD30 | PD-128S, PD-128, (2) PD-108, PD-120 | KD-120 | (2) CY15R, (2) CY14C, CY13R, CY12C, VH11 | MDS-25 rack | DW3000 double bass pedal | DW3000 HH stand | roc-n-soc nitro throne | Audio Technica ATH-M40x

Contact adhesive, if used correctly will give you a solid, even and permanent fixing. Just be aware that there is a process to follow : if you don't get the timing right it will not work well.
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Killer Red Tape....?

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

3M super 77 spray adhesive. I used it to glue clear vinil to my hi hat. Super!

Related post:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...92s-controller
        Roland TD-20 KVS kit with Sound Module dropped in a Pearl Vision Birch Red Wine / Black Hardware 4 pieces shell pack (22K, 14SNR, 12T, 16T), Roland MH2 mesh heads, Original Roland Triggers, CY-14C (2X), CY-15R, VH-12, (Hi-Hat on a Pearl 900 stand), Yorkville YX10P powered Speakers (X2)

Comment

Working...
        X