Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Botch Job Cymbal Trigger: Mount included.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botch Job Cymbal Trigger: Mount included.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    iMac 3.7ghz 12gb ram.
    Roland TD9 KX2
    Superior Drummer 2.X.

Looks like a good " in a pinch" solution. Would like to see more pics when you have then. Have you thought of bending the hanger into a circle around the lid so it is shaped like a cymbal rim? Like a hollow ghost cymbal.
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Doesn't the coat-hanger start to bend out of shape, if you whack it with sticks?
      (Just asking....)

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Having re read the OP Again, it's possible he is hitting the jar lid and using the hanger to Mount it?
        --
        West London, UK.
        TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Still having some doubt about the durability with so much electrical tape...

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Hairmetal - So far it has lasted the distance. Obviously i'm not hitting it as much as my ride.
            The hanger acts as suspension mount. The jar lid is the casing. The piezo hasis glued to scrap macbook battery cover.
            Cheddies- I haven't had a chance to investigate things further. But yes that was sort of the original idea.

Its a quick fix which has ended up being useful.
            iMac 3.7ghz 12gb ram.
            Roland TD9 KX2
            Superior Drummer 2.X.

Comment

Working...
            X