No announcement yet.

2Box HH DIY - The Mystery Solved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask what cymbal pads are you guys using with this mod? I'm assuming you are still using your PCY135 Rasoo?

Comment

You can use whatever you feel like using.. Choice is yours. But yes I'm using a pcy135
      Rob
      Building GAS as we speak!! - TD11KV. Extra Yamaha cymbals. MDS-25 rack.

Comment

Cool cheers man, might give this a go at the weekend

Comment

Just a noob question... any reason why you chose the Yamaha cymbal over another brand?
          Also - do we need to buy 2 HH cymbals or just the top one ?
          [SUB]2Box Drumit MKII
          Lexicon Pro IO82[/SUB]

Comment

Originally posted by waxdass View Post
            Just a noob question... any reason why you chose the Yamaha cymbal over another brand?
            Also - do we need to buy 2 HH cymbals or just the top one ?
            Heaps cheaper and do just as good a job if not better than Roland...for one

iPhone Tapatalk

Comment

Only need a top cymbal. The bottom one is just for show.
              . digitalDrummer
              Review index

Comment

I have the original 2Box pcb from the hihat, added a piezo and a Myrk membrane trigger to my low volume hihat. Mounted the pcb below the footboard and added a magnet. Hooked it al up with the cables and calibrated the hihat. Level positioning works, but I canít get the edge and choke to work. It is doing nothing

I checked the cables, measured the resistance over the switch and it does switch, but no edge sound at all, only bow and no choke. Am I missing something or anyone some ideas?

update: I can get channels 4 and 9, but not 8. Also hooked up a Roland 2-zone cymbal to the pcb but also no channel 8.
                Last edited by mvdput; 02-23-19, 08:13 AM.
                2Box Drumit 5 on a Linko acoustic kit, converted from A to E with Remo Silentstroke heads, 2Box Trigit triggers, Arborea Low Volume cymbals with DIY triggers (work in progress).

Comment

Finally found the issue: the 2Box pcb does work and calibrate the hi-hat no matter the polarity of the magnet. However, to work 100% correct the polarity of the magnet should be correct. So turn around the magnet and recalibrate if you donít get edge sounds
                  2Box Drumit 5 on a Linko acoustic kit, converted from A to E with Remo Silentstroke heads, 2Box Trigit triggers, Arborea Low Volume cymbals with DIY triggers (work in progress).

Comment

Oh...this was a real old post...:-)

Most most often if the edge pad on the 2box hi-hat is not working...the hi-hat pedal power is out of range. The pedal and the edge trigger are tied together on 2box. The pedal is supposed to move in the right range between 36 mA and 48 mA...the edge switch will add 1.4mA extra when closed. This means the pedal range with shortened edge will be in range 5 to 6.2 mA...but if the pedal is out of range, letís say around 8-10 mA, a closed edge trigger load will be 11.4 mA...and totally out of range for the 2box hh ADC to be able to see an edge being triggered.

I am also guessing the hh polarity have very little to do with this...if wrong...2box will correct and reverse this in the module.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / great hi-hat & ride solutions for 2box
                    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                      Oh...this was a real old post...:-)

Most most often if the edge pad on the 2box hi-hat is not working...the hi-hat pedal power is out of range. The pedal and the edge trigger are tied together on 2box. The pedal is supposed to move in the right range between 36 mA and 48 mA...the edge switch will add 1.4mA extra when closed. This means the pedal range with shortened edge will be in range 5 to 6.2 mA...but if the pedal is out of range, letís say around 8-10 mA, a closed edge trigger load will be 11.4 mA...and totally out of range for the 2box hh ADC to be able to see an edge being triggered.

I am also guessing the hh polarity have very little to do with this...if wrong...2box will correct and reverse this in the module.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / great hi-hat & ride solutions for 2box

The hihat polarity indeed can be anything, however, the polarity of the magnet, at least the magnet that I am using had to be reversed for everything to work. I did test all possible options with the magnet polarity at both sides of the pcb. I was able to successfully reproduce this exact same behavior on either sides (top/bottom) of the hall sensor.

Comment

Working...
                      X