Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User 'weastpak' over on the 2box-forum did a nice diagram on the topic of signalflow, internal routing and busses.
    I just thought this graphical representation might be helpful for someone to grasp the layout or navigation a bit better, so I post it here!

HTML Code:
    http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1707.msg16717#msg16717

HTH
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is . They used to call him '' He has an ''..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• A new message from the 2box-forum. Member 'mcrackins' posted the following:

Saw that 2box recently update their Youtube page with a new video. First update on their channel in 6 months. Looks like the new rubber heads?

This looks very promising!
      - Dänoh

Comment

• Looks like you may be right....but the link at the site says the vid does not exist....it still works here though.
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

• I thought adding this post would be a nice summary of a few things...thanks Danoh.

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
          I'd like to divide this into sections, according to compatibility, to make it easier to read:

Fairly easy
          The kick pad.
          Piezo-based and single-zone, not much to worry about.
          Any Roland KD-pad or Yamaha KP-pad should trigger somewhat responsive with 2box modules. Even the first generation of DTXtreme pads (RHP models) had mesh-heads on them, and were based on a reflective plate design.

Roland Snare & Toms.
          Piezo/Piezo-style PD-pads will work fine.

Crashes.
          Can be used out of the box as a dual-zone. Depending on the gain setting you might have bell sounds somewhere on the bow when using trigger setting "Cym12/14". Thats why setting "CyEdg" is recommended. To avoid bell sounds when hitting the edge it is recommended by member Manfred to disable the edge switch.

Not without limitations
          Yamaha Snare & Toms.
          On a Yamaha piezo/switch pad, the head-portion (Piezo) will work fine. The troubling part on a dual-zone pad is the rim; you might lose this zone altogether, or it won't work consistently, at best.

Yamaha's silicon pads for snare won't support 3 zones, but will work as single-zone, head-zone only. Yamaha snare-pads only use piezos for the first zone (head), and rim-switches for zones 2 and 3.

Tricky
          The hihat & the 3-zone ride.
          The hihat-pad itself,in order to have both zones, will need a mod to bypass resistor; this was tested by member 'espen'. As Daniel mentioned above - hihat controllers are not usually compatible between manufacturers - you will need Jman's HH control-box mod most definitely!

The CY-15r won't work as a three zone. 2box module wants to see a piezo/switch-type cymbal.
          You will have to mod another plug in there to get a fully functional three-zone.

On a Yamaha PCY-155, you will get the bell sound twice if I'm not mistaken: Once on the actual bell-zone (good) and once on the edge-zone (not good).

Again, I would appreciate it if someone would correct me, since I don't own Roland pads.
          For the snare, I would stick with the original 2box or a Roland-style pad, because it will get you all the zones.
          For the ride cymbal, again I would stick with the original 2box cymbal, because you'll get all three zones that way. Else, you will have to mod.
          For crashes, both Yamaha PCY's and Roland CY's are used by members with 2box modules too, the Yamaha's have an awesome price/performance ratio.
          For the hihat, go with a controller-box mod, and you can pretty much use any hihat pad you fancy.

HTH
          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting

Comment

• JmanWord
            JmanWord commented
            Editing a comment
            Some good info but a little confusing on the cymbal compatibility. Manfred did a pretty good job explaining the Yamaha cymbals with the 2Box module here:
            http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1010.0
            As far as Roland cymbals, 2 zone cymbals like the CY-14C or CY-8 as examples will work fine as Bow/Edge/Choke functioning cymbals when set to CyEdg in the 2box module. And without any mods the 3 zone Roland cymbals, like CY-15R or CY-12RC for example ... will work fine without any mods as Bell/Bow zone cymbals (using the Bell/Bow jack of the Roland cymbal) for Ride using CyCup setting in the 2Box module .... only 2 zones though.
            Last edited by JmanWord; 12-12-13, 11:30 PM.

• hairmetal-81
            hairmetal-81 commented
            Editing a comment
            THanks Jerry!
            I was going by manfred's thread. But it confused myself a little bit!

• hairmetal-81
            hairmetal-81 commented
            Editing a comment
            *double post due to JSON-error*

• Back in post #74 rasoo mentions a simple mod for Roland cymbals. Anyone know where I can find a description?

Thanks!
          TD-25KV, Mapex Horizon Blue Sparkle A2E w/Triggera InTriggs.
          Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

• Originally posted by billgtx View Post
            Back in post #74 rasoo mentions a simple mod for Roland cymbals. Anyone know where I can find a description?

Thanks!
            Rasoo (Rob) has made his own thead over at the 2box forums. I imagine you'll find some info about his mods there!
            http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1188.0

HTH
            - Dänoh

Comment

• Update for my Stealth 2Box Hi Hat Stand conversion kit:

For those who have the typical HH stand with no bottom plate under the pedal ..... I thought I would add another simple solution for adding a plate to the bottom of the Hi Hat stand. This just happens to be a 1st generation 2Box Hi Hat stand, but this would work on all or most all Hi Hat stands with the typical two bars that connect the pedal heel to the stand base. This little DIY mod took me all of about 15 minutes .... 5 minutes thinking about how I would do it. 3 minutes locating the parts in my shop, and 7 minutes tops putting it all together. It took me much more time taking pics, uploading those pics and typing this post than doing this little project.

It is very simple, you just need a couple metal straps, bolts, washers and nuts.
              This is what I used:
              2 ea. Simpson TP15 straps: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-S...TP15/100375260
              4 ea. #6-32 X 3/4" machine screws with nuts. (packaged with #6-32 nuts)
              4 ea. #6 washers
              4 ea. #6 lockwashers
              Here is the new simple base installed with my Stealth 2Box HH control box on it:

Here is picture of the plate installed:

And here is a picture showing the stand can still be broken down for moving:

So if you have a stand that already has a metal plate type base, you can install my Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion box with Velcro right to your existing base and you're set. But if you do not have a stand with a base, NO BIG DEAL! You can do a simple little add on mod like this and then attach my box with the included Velcro to your plate. DONE. Another nice thing is you do not do any damaging modifications to your existing HH stand whether it has a existing plate or you add your own this way.
              Hope it helps! J
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Very Cool. Thanks J.

Comment

• Just a quick video demo showing from the side view the typical response of Bow, Bell, Edge and choke on one of my Stealth 2Box 3zone Acoustic to Electronic cymbal conversion kits.
                  Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Jman has a very nice 2Box 32GB external card slot conversion kit where you get an external SD card reader. This is a nice and non-destructive mod which will leave you with the feature to use 32GB's of samples.

I have made this mod but felt after some design thinking that I had to take it one step further...

What do you think about this patch?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/guabrgpe3t...x_patchedx.png
                    Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland , CY-14, 15R, 12CR, RT-10S&K, 2xBT-1, VH-11,-12,-13, KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14, D11, LectricMoo, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2Box 1.3.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO 4, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

• Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                      Jman has a very nice 2Box 32GB external card slot conversion kit where you get an external SD card reader. This is a nice and non-destructive mod which will leave you with the feature to use 32GB's of samples.

I have made this mod but felt after some design thinking that I had to take it one step further...

What do you think about this patch?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/guabrgpe3t...x_patchedx.png
                      Nice and clean. Great job!

Comment

• Here is the first edition of a document how to equip a 2Box module with an internal SD-Card reader.

https://powerhell.wordpress.com/equi...sible-sd-card/

Best Regards

ANGR77
                        Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland , CY-14, 15R, 12CR, RT-10S&K, 2xBT-1, VH-11,-12,-13, KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14, D11, LectricMoo, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2Box 1.3.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO 4, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

• Thought I'd go ahead and post this here since it is demoing the 2Box module with my Stealth 2Box 32GB Card Mod Kit. I have that mod kit listed and available on my website. The mod kit comes pre-loaded with 7-10GBs of 2Box kits that are available on the web, more than double the content on the original 2Box module, plug n play. My drums and cymbals are my Stealth drums and cymbals converted with my Stealth Drum and Cymbal Conversion Kits. The Hi Hat controller is my Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion kit, which allows using other brand Ecymbals for the Hi Hat on the 2Box module. Forgive me when I say it myself, but my Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion kit actually performs smoother and more consistent than the original 2Box Hi Hat.

On this video I am demonstrating how you can play VST built drum kits directly from the 2Box module with no latency problems to deal with. I took the new SDX expansion The Progressive Foundry, and using SDSE built several versions of all the kits/drums in the library and loaded them onto my 32GB card. Now they are in the module via the card. The version of kits on this video are the default SD2 SDX preset. It's just a small compressed YouTube video, but should give you an idea of the possibilities. J
                          Last edited by JmanWord; 12-10-15, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• The Zourman hi-hat conversion kit (formally 42Box) replaces a standard 2box hi-hat (hall effect sensor-based) with your favourite Roland hi-hat. The solution is 100% plug and play (only 2box hi-hat calibration needed) and handles both a Roland hi-hat pad (bow/edge) and the hi-hat control pedal through the two input connectors. The conversion kit electronics and intelligence combine the three trigger signals and deliver the output into a standard 2Box hi-hat input (single stereo jack).

The Zourman Drums solution is the result of extensive research, development and rigorous testing with a range of equipment. Our testing has found that Roland hi-hats are very similar to 2box hi-hat response, but more reliable. To further enhance the playability and response, the bow sensor (piezo) may need to be “cooled down” slightly with a variable resistor – an additional feature built into the Zourman Drums hi-hat conversion kit.

These models supports Roland FD-7, FD-8, FD-9 & VH-11 and now VH-12* (Sold as a separate model).
                            The FD-8/VH-11 model do also work for Roland compatible hi-hats like JOBEKY 13, 14″ REAL FEEL CYMBAL AND HI-HAT CONTROLLER and Go Edrum GH6 eHi-Hat.

Want to buy? Jump to the Zourman Drums Online store here and read about our products or visit our partners in the US or UK and Germany!

Comment

• JMan's FD7 conversion for 2Box plus...
                              The magnetic conversion kit I got from JMan works fine on my 2Box drummit5 module..but I've added something so it will work in three different situations.
                              1) The JMan kit for my 2Box and whatever other modules that I don't know about.
                              2) The Roland modules that the FD7 was intended to work with. Not sure what these are; older modules like TD8 I would imagine...
                              3) GoEdrum hi-hat, which as I understand it should also include some newer Roland modules.
                              The photos show how I adapted the GoEdrum mechanism (which is meant to go on a standard hi-hat stand) to work on my FD7 as a remote hat pedal.

Forgot to mention - I had a welder friend of mine extend the very short original FD7 hi-hat rod by about 8 inches or so.

Last edited by Drumster; 03-27-17, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X