Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there anyway to get back the photos in the first post? thanks

Comment

Does anyone know if the round 0.5" FSR would work? I melted the solder tabs off my square one accidentally and it's broken.
      My kit: Yamaha DTX500, Yamaha RHH135, Yamaha PCY135, Yamaha PCY150s, Alesis DMPad 14" Ride, Alesis 8" Realhead mesh converted, two DIY 13" mesh pads with Ddrum Red Shot triggers, Yamaha KP65, mounted on an Ion Pro Session rack.
      Bands:
      A Dying God: https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Dyi...06965945988018
      Morvidus: https://www.facebook.com/MorvidusBlackMetal
      My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/nattye
      My YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/WhingyTeen

Comment

It should work, but it's not as sensitive so you may have to deal with the material which press it to find the good setting. Let us know how good it works.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepny View Post
          is there anyway to get back the photos in the first post? thanks
          I will try to get them back...

Comment

Originally posted by Sylv1co View Post
            I will try to get them back...
            It would be nice to return the photos. Thanks Sylv1co.

Comment

OK, I put back some photos on the first post, but I still can't get my hands on the schem for Yamaha modules... I have to make it again.

Comment

I saved it.

Here's the pic of wiring for a Yamaha FSR

DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
                  I saved it.

Here's the pic of wiring for a Yamaha FSR

Thanks Preceval!

Comment

I am now in FSR nirvana!

Couldn't get my hands on a RHH135 for the life of me... been told to wait at least 6 months for a new one, and the 2nd hand market has been pretty much non-existent.

So, I got a PCY135 to finally have my HH 2 zones (my previous XM was not recognised as 2 zones by my DTX700 module).
                    Now that was fun!

And today, I decided to tweak my foam block covering the FSR to get it even better. It was working fine, but there was a little room for improvement.... and I did!

I played with layering different sections of blocks I had laying around, and found the perfect combination. I now have a HH pedal feel that is practically an exact match to a real HH pedal and cymbals.

I get all the sounds distinctively that are available from my module.
                    I get the very tight sound when I press the pedal a bit harder, natural closed, partially opened, 1/2 opened, 3/4 opened and full opened.

This is the layering that did it for me and the DTX700. I used a piece of neoprene, a foam block a little less dense than a sanding block, and a soft sponge liked used when cleaning grout from a tiled floor. The whole thing then goes under my HH pedal for FSR triggering.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by perceval; 10-07-14, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I have achieved FSR nirvana as well. Per suggestions in this thread, I bought a FSR from sparkfun. I wired a mono jack to the leads on the FSR. I placed the FSR on the bottom of my hi hat pedal base. On top I placed a 0.5" high density sponge and about 2" of medium density sponge. Plugging the FSR into my Roland TD-8 and playing the hi hat worked without any configuration whatsoever! I will include some pictures tomorrow. I am totally amazed at how simple this setup was. Seriously. Cheap parts, 20 minutes of my time, and I have the functionality of a VH-11 on my TD-8. Amazing!

Comment

Great! Enjoy!

My FSR HH controller is the one piece of DIY that has been trouble-free since day 1.

Comment

New here. Learned a lot from this forum so far and I'm pretty close to having my acoustic to electric conversion finished. I have a question about the wiring for the FSR hi hat build. I noticed the drawing for the Yamaha module but I'm not sure if that's what I need to do. Im going to use the DDTI trigger I/O with Steven slate. My understanding with the FSR is that with a voltage divider you just solder the 3 wires from the 3pin cable to the 1/4" jack and plug it to the increase decrease input on the back of the DDTI. If that is wrong any help is appreciated. So my main question is the piezo on the top cymbal. Does it have to have a switch or do I just wire the piezo to a 1/4"jack and plug that to the hi hat input in DDTI. I can't tell in other photos at the beginning. I'm planning on doing the FSR under the cymbal on a block of wood design. Thanks for any and all help.

Comment

Sorry, I have no clue if the DDTI uses Roland or Yamaha trigger style for the HH controller.
                            For Roland, it's pretty straight forward, but for Yamaha, you have to follow the diagram.

Comment

This DDTI is the exact same product as the Alesis trigger IO from what I can see. So the HH input should be mono, and then you need the Roland wiring : just the FSR wired between tip and sleeve, with optional 20K resistor in parallel.
                              You don't need a switch for the cymbal's piezo, but you need to use a another input. The HH input is just used for the HH controller if I remember well.

Comment

Ok so will the voltage divider do the same thing as a 20k resistor? Sorry I'm a total newbie with electronics. I bought all stereo jacks. I can just wire those as mono still though correct? This is what I've got http://www.trossenrobotics.com/1-5i-...istor-Kit.aspx. Thanks for the response.
                                Last edited by RedRoomRec; 12-16-15, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X