Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minerman
    replied
    Ok guys, gimme a few minutes to take the hh pedal back apart & take a few pics...

In other news, I've found an older Yamaha DTXtreme module for less than $100, so I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on it...I could eventually make a "monster kit" with the extra inputs...

Again, gimme a few & I'll post the pics...

Leave a comment:

• Viperr
    replied
    Originally posted by Sylv1co View Post
    Please take a pic of the other side of the pcb with the jack.
    While you're at it, take a picture of the other side of both PCB's

Leave a comment:

• Sylv1co
    replied
    Please take a pic of the other side of the pcb with the jack.

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Sorry for another newb question, but I have the basic Yamaha hh foot controller & I know the schematic is posted, but would I even need the extra resistor since my foot controller only has 2 connections???

Here's a pic of the inside of the foot controller I plan on using the FSR with:

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    Yes, to my knowledge, the DTX500/502 modules send the full range of cc messages.

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    It'll be after the first of the year, but I still plan on building a FSR & upgrading my module...Planning on the DTX500/502 module, & I'll just mod my existing hh controller, should be pretty simple to do, from what I've read the hardest part is finding the right foam that works for each different person....

A question before I do pull the trigger on the new module, it does send midi cc messages, right??? I looked at the manual & thought that's what it meant, but wanna know for sure from you guys who have the same module....Thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    Alright then.

Try to to get a used DTX500 / 502 ... They should go pretty cheap.

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Just letting everyone know the DTX400 module doesn't send variable cc messages for the hi-hat, only open or closed...Looks like I'll have to buy another module to be able to have all the in-between sounds...Thanks for the help!!!

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    You could get a MIDI event sniffer and see what is sent by the module via MIDI.

Or, another easy way.... Download the Addictive drums Demo. In the map window, there's a graphical rendering of the messages received by AD. If you only have fully closed and fully open, the HH position will jump from one to the other without showing transitions. If the module can actually send variable cc messages, you will see the HH position vary slowly through ADs HH openings.

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Originally posted by perceval View Post
    I'm sorry but I haven't read the DTX400 manual yet,...

Have you considered that the limited 4 sounds might be because of the module's limitation, and not the pedal itself?
    Thanks perceval...
    While the manual doesn't specifically say (unless I missed it, which is possible), I think that 4 sounds would be the max...The HH65 is compatible with my module, but it only adds 1 sound/midi note...I'll do some more digging to see if I can find out for sure...It'd sure be nice to be able to have a few of the in-between sounds/notes without having to upgrade the module, but live & learn...

Thanks again dude...

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    I'm sorry but I haven't read the DTX400 manual yet,...

Have you considered that the limited 4 sounds might be because of the module's limitation, and not the pedal itself?

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Question here from a newbie....I'm sure I could build one of these FSR controllers, but would it work with the module I have, which is the Yamah DTX400??? I'm using the stock pedal/hh controller, but it only triggers 4 sounds: fully closed, full open, foot close (chick), or splash...

I know I could upgrade to the HH65 controller, but that would only give me one more sound/note trigger...

Has anyone tried the DIY FSR with a DTX400 module???

I have decent soldering skills, & I'm sure I could build the DIY controller, but I wouldn't want to even begin unless I'm sure it'd work with the module I have...

Thanks in advance!!!

Leave a comment:

• pumpal
    replied
    It totally does not matter what resistors will you buy. Just get any 0.25W (250 mW) or 0.125w (125 mW) 1 Kohm & 150 Kohm and a 100 nF (0.1F aka 0.1uF) capacitor (looking at the schematics on page 1).
    Good resource is ie Farnell (adjust to your location and apply filters).
    Last edited by pumpal; 11-11-16, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    The first or second page of this thread has the picture with the parts needed to make it work with Yamaha modules.

Leave a comment:

• mibane
    replied
    Hi, I 've been using FSR Hi hat controller for several months with my Roland TD 1KV using EZDrummer and Superior Drummer. I've built two controllers: one with the squared sensor and another with the small round sensor. Both work great, the only problem was to find the right foam, some were too soft others too hard. Finally I'm using the foam from an old whiteboard eraser.
    Now, I have a friend who has a Yamaha DTXplorer and wants me to build one for him. Will this controller work with that old module? If so, I have downloaded the schematics but I have no idea about electronics, can anyone please tell me what resistors I have to buy? when I searched the internet I saw there are lots of different models

Leave a comment:

Working...
X