X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylv1co
    replied
    Glad to here it works, enjoy !

Your vid is great but we don't really see the pedal mod, some pics can help.
    What did you put under the FSR ?
    Last edited by Sylv1co; 01-14-17, 01:52 AM. Reason: Finally watched the vid...

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Originally posted by perceval View Post
    That's great. This way you don't need to add the electronic circuit shown in the Yamaha diagram. It's just plug and play.

Enjoy!
    Exactly dude, I'm really happy it works with both modules too...I did pop $100 on the used module, but it's not for nothing...I'll eventually expand my kit with some more pads/cymbals...

It looks like Yamaha & other e-drum companies would incorporate things like this into their products from the get-go to me...It couldn't cost them a whole lot more to use this, & I'm sure they might go over really well...

I'm not sure it would work without the pcb/resistors that are wired to my TRS jack, but it doesn't matter now...I've got an extra FSR (I ordered 2, just in case I screwed one up), & will probably order a few of the little molex (I'm assuming that's what they are, they look like the quick-connectors in my Gibson guitars, which are molex) connectors just to have for backup...

I might have to add a stronger spring to my pedal, as it's pretty sensitive as-is, but that's not a problem either...

I'm so glad I found this forum dude, all you guys rock!!!!

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    That's great. This way you don't need to add the electronic circuit shown in the Yamaha diagram. It's just plug and play.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Ok, I finally got my FSR, got it installed & it works without any problems at all!!!! This is great, gotta thank all of you here for this great idea!!!! I didn't add anything except the FSR, but the 1/4" jack I used is the one that came with the foot pedal, so I'm not 100% if one would need the resistors or not...It works for me, & I'm pretty happy with it, so thanks again!!!

The FSR works with the DTX400 module & the DTXplorer too...So in the end, I didn't have to buy another module to get the hi-hat working like this, but the extra module gives me quite a bit of room to expand my kit...Thanks again!!!

Here's a quick little video I made:

Thanks again!!!

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sylv1co View Post
    A simple switch is not able to give any other information than open or close...
    Thanks man, after looking at the switch & jack, I figured that out...I'm really, really hoping the FSR will do the trick...I ordered a couple of them just in case I need a spare, they'll be here Monday or Tuesday...

Leave a comment:

• Sylv1co
    replied
    Originally posted by minerman View Post
    I fumbled around thinking maybe just a different module would give me the in-between hi-hat sounds, but it didn't...
    A simple switch is not able to give any other information than open or close...

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    A little update, & correction on the module I bought which was a DTXplorer...It looks brand new, & works great...I fumbled around thinking maybe just a different module would give me the in-between hi-hat sounds, but it didn't...

So I ordered a couple of the square FSR's & they'll be here in a couple/few days...Hopefully, replacing the switch with the FSR in my hh controller will do the trick...

I'm also planning on expanding my kit, adding a couple pads, along with a 2 zone ride...

I'll let you guys know how my progress is in a few days, thanks everyone!!!

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    Cool!

And Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Just an update, I finally ordered another module, I bought a Yamaha DTXtreme off ebay for about $90...It's supposed to be here around the end of the week...When it arrives, I'll put it through the paces to see what kind of hi-hat sounds it'll trigger in Reaper...

I also bought a 2nd monitor for my computer to mount on the wall beside my kit...I'll be able to see the daw without squinting for a change...

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress, wanna thank everyone here for the help, great bunch of folks!!!

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Thanks man, I hope it'll work...It's not a big deal if I have to solder a resistor or two, but it'd be better if I didn't...

The new (to me) module will probably be here around the first of next week...Like I mentioned, it's an older module, but I won't be using any of the onboard sounds, only recording the midi in Reaper...

Thanks again!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sylv1co
    replied
    Reading the value of the resistors, I really think you'll just have to replace the siwtch by the FSR (don't forget to use a TRS jack). Let us know how it works.

Leave a comment:

• hameedx
    replied
    I think the DTX400 uses an on/off kind of switch for the hi-hat. The Yamaha modules I have (DTXpress IV & DTXtreme III) use a stepped resistor kind of design.

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Ok here is another pic, I uploaded on to the forum & the other to photobucket hoping you'll be able to zoom in if needed...Thanks man!!!

Last edited by minerman; 12-26-16, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sylv1co
    replied
    I can't read the value of the three resitors, can you make better pic for them ?
    I think you should not have to make too much changes. With a bit of luck, replacing the switch by the fsr could be enough. Thought you need your new module to test.

Leave a comment:

• minerman
    replied
    Ok, here's the pics...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X