Easy to make DIY HiHat controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aka Wayne View Post
    Follow up question. If youíve read my previous post you know Iím running an FSR based controller in between my hi hat without any resistors. My trigger settings are currently set to VH11. Everything works great except one thing.
    If everything works great I assumed that the range from CC0 to CC127 is wide enough. It should be about 2cm or a bit less. If it's too short, it could explain why you get full velocity chick even with slow action on the pedal.

A 20k resistor in parallel could help, but to know what really happen you should monitor your midi data. You'll see that your module trigger the chick note when CC reach the value of 90 (at least on a Roland module).
    You may have to change the hardness of the material that press the FSR (foam or spring) to get better result.

Comment

• Thanks bud! My travel from 0 to 127 is around 2 cm Iíd say. If I change the hardness of my foam should I go softer or harder?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aka Wayne View Post
        Thanks bud! My travel from 0 to 127 is around 2 cm Iíd say. If I change the hardness of my foam should I go softer or harder?
        I would say softer. With harder foam, it will be worse

Comment

• Thatís what I was thinking. Iím already using a pretty soft sponge you use for caulking. I might try a shorter plunger too. It may be too close to bottoming out.

Comment

Working...
          X