X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixxit
    replied
    I watched Racer52's videos and I like his design a lot. I'm considering using the light switch covers as my cone platform. However, in the scenario pictured below, do I need to worry about the bottom nut (the one supporting the actual cone platform) slowly making it's way back down the bolt over time or will the top nut pressing down on the platform and bottom nut keep the bottom nut from slipping? Make sense? It seems like the platform sitting on two nuts would allow the nuts the jiggle their way down the bolts over time.

Again, sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Tis indeed what I went for. I didn't see anyone else selling them on ebay. They seem like a nice package and I'm excited to have proper sized piezo transducers.

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren View Post
    So just an update on this. When I first experimented with this kit I used leftover foam from the Auralex mopad monitor pads I had.

These responded REALLY well, they are a lot more dense than the auralex you hang on the wall to deaden your space. The problem was that I didn't have enough of it (kind of a bummer since it was cheap/free in my case since I had it lying around).

So then I tried those 3m sanding blocks (removing the sandpaper) I found people were using via google. The issue is with them being SO dense the response has gone down significantly and they don't trigger nearly as well. It was cheap to try it though ($6) so all it fine.

I think at this point I just want something that is going to trigger nice with the mesh heads I have so I'm gonna spring for a pack of pre made ones off ebay.
    Get some conetriggers from Quartz...you wont be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    So just an update on this. When I first experimented with this kit I used leftover foam from the Auralex mopad monitor pads I had.

These responded REALLY well, they are a lot more dense than the auralex you hang on the wall to deaden your space. The problem was that I didn't have enough of it (kind of a bummer since it was cheap/free in my case since I had it lying around).

So then I tried those 3m sanding blocks (removing the sandpaper) I found people were using via google. The issue is with them being SO dense the response has gone down significantly and they don't trigger nearly as well. It was cheap to try it though ($6) so all it fine.

I think at this point I just want something that is going to trigger nice with the mesh heads I have so I'm gonna spring for a pack of pre made ones off ebay.

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Sorry I didn't come back to answer. It's a cheap single zone Yamaha PCY 65. It's good for single shot crashes or chinas. I paid $20 for it.
    hehehe....thanks. yeah I figured it out once I saw the shadow and seen that it was not round....but wedged.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
    Cool...what's the cymbal in middle?
    Sorry I didn't come back to answer. It's a cheap single zone Yamaha PCY 65. It's good for single shot crashes or chinas. I paid $20 for it.

Leave a comment:

• hairmetal-81
    replied
    That's what I thought too... If it's not a pcy-80/60/65, it's probably an old Alesis-pad, back from when Hart was doing the pads for Alesis...

Leave a comment:

• everson
    replied
    I wanted to ask the same question, but then I realized it`s probably a Yamaha pcy65. Looks even more weird on this pic

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    And all finished (for now, need to do a snare at some point). Still waiting for back ordered mesh heads, but this thing already feels better.

Cool...what's the cymbal in middle?

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    And all finished (for now, need to do a snare at some point). Still waiting for back ordered mesh heads, but this thing already feels better.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Thanks for the help with that guys. I'm not used to the search function actually working in a forum (sorry haha).
    Thus custom one works better than the forum's.......most of the time.

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=01...85:ld78rt83m3w

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    Thanks for the help with that guys. I'm not used to the search function actually working in a forum (sorry haha).

I finished the floor tom tonight, which I actually have a mesh head for. Same design, but since a mesh head gives more than a plastic one I actually get better sensitivity with it and didn't have to raise my input gain quite as much (still did, but it wasn't near what the 8" is up to with a plastic head).

So I'm pretty optimistic that once I get the other 2 mesh heads this thing will rock. Black mesh looks nicer over the whole assembly as well.

Leave a comment:

• griff
    replied
    I am interested in where people are getting and what they are using for rubber to silent the rims.
    I got mine from Jobeky, they sell a variety of sizes in their accessories section

Leave a comment:

• allanjohn
    replied
    I am interested in where people are getting and what they are using for rubber to silent the rims.
    I know it doesn't help you now, but we're actually working on a comprehensive rim silencer article for the August digitalDrummer...

Leave a comment:

• JmanWord
    replied
    You really have to try this search engine sometime (a really more polite way to put it than UTFSE) .... Plus look through the sticky in the DIY forum on DIY links ... parts.
    http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=01...85:ld78rt83m3w

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...or-DIY-E-Drums
    http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...-but-not-heard!
    http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...are-your-links

Leave a comment:

Working...
X