X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allanjohn
    replied
    This design is now being offered commercially: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Originally posted by Rsamuelj View Post
    Thank you. I will give em a try.
    No problem. Just remember to order each pan 1 inch smaller than the shell you will use it with.

Leave a comment:

• Rsamuelj
    replied
    Thank you. I will give em a try.

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Originally posted by Rsamuelj View Post
    The cake pan idea is great. I was hoping someone could give me the measurement of the Fantes aluminum pans ? I am doing a conversion of a 1980 set of Gretsch Jasper shells to edrums. I have a Roland TDW-20 controller and Roland Kit.

I bought a "9 inch" pan today at Walmart but it is about 1/2 inch to small. Falls into the 10 inch tom shell. Would like to complete one drum before ordering all the parts for the kit.

Plan to use 10, 12, 14 and 16 inch toms with Hart Dynamics Pro snare. Plan to use the Hart Mesh heads.

Thanks for the help.

Sam
    Why not just order the Fat Daddio's Pans? They work just fine and don't cost all that much.

http://cooksdream.com/store/round-pa...t-daddios.html

Leave a comment:

• Rsamuelj
    replied
    The cake pan idea is great. I was hoping someone could give me the measurement of the Fantes aluminum pans ? I am doing a conversion of a 1980 set of Gretsch Jasper shells to edrums. I have a Roland TDW-20 controller and Roland Kit.

I bought a "9 inch" pan today at Walmart but it is about 1/2 inch to small. Falls into the 10 inch tom shell. Would like to complete one drum before ordering all the parts for the kit.

I been using the cone triggers from quartztriggers guy on ebay to replace failed ones in my PD125 pads and also an acoustic kick drum so I got that part down pretty good.

Plan to use 10, 12, 14 and 16 inch toms with Hart Dynamics Pro snare. Plan to use the Hart Mesh heads.

Thanks for the help.

Sam
    Last edited by Rsamuelj; 07-24-12, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deathbyart
    replied
    Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
    Cool...my interest is peaked.
    Yea, I am with him. I am currently using a small cutting wheel and a dremel. It's working a little better but I am always up for other suggestions. I will also look into using a flat screw..

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
    Oh, wow, I just realized that I've never shared my little trick to solve this without cutting the pan or finding the right screws.... it would be easier to explain it with visuals than try to describe it, so I will come back a little later when I can demonstrate what I am talking about.
    Cool...my interest is peaked.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrill
    replied
    Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
    Yeah...the first one I built I had to do the same thing...then I started replacing the top lug screw with a bolt that had a "shallower" head. Think "pan head" instead of "hex". After that.....they dropped right in without having to notch the pans at all.
    Originally posted by deathbyart View Post
    Mine are coming along nicely using this method, so thanks for the help/ideas. I will say notching them is a pain. I am attempting to make the cuts look clean but some of them look like some little ferocious animal tore at them.
    Oh, wow, I just realized that I've never shared my little trick to solve this without cutting the pan or finding the right screws.... it would be easier to explain it with visuals than try to describe it, so I will come back a little later when I can demonstrate what I am talking about.

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Originally posted by deathbyart View Post
    Mine are coming along nicely using this method, so thanks for the help/ideas. I will say notching them is a pain. I am attempting to make the cuts look clean but some of them look like some little ferocious animal tore at them.
    Yeah...the first one I built I had to do the same thing...then I started replacing the top lug screw with a bolt that had a "shallower" head. Think "pan head" instead of "hex". After that.....they dropped right in without having to notch the pans at all.

Leave a comment:

• deathbyart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    Originally posted by Mixxit View Post
    So you're thinkin' from the top down, nut > lock washer > platform > lock washer > nut? Set to proper height and give the bottom nut a drop of Blue LocTite? I assume Blue LocTite comes loose fairly easy if I need to adjust the height?

Also, since I'm going single zone, I assume I don't need the bottom platform? Presumably it's just there to provide shelter to the rim trigger, yes?

Thanks for the help!
    I would say correct...for everything here.

Leave a comment:

• Mixxit
    replied
    So you're thinkin' from the top down, nut > lock washer > platform > lock washer > nut? Set to proper height and give the bottom nut a drop of Blue LocTite? I assume Blue LocTite comes loose fairly easy if I need to adjust the height?

Also, since I'm going single zone, I assume I don't need the bottom platform? Presumably it's just there to provide shelter to the rim trigger, yes?

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• Mixxit
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
    Blue threadlock is great for keeping your nuts from jiggling. Seriously.
    **Snort!!**

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    I watched Racer52's videos and I like his design a lot. I'm considering using the light switch covers as my cone platform. However, in the scenario pictured below, do I need to worry about the bottom nut (the one supporting the actual cone platform) slowly making it's way back down the bolt over time or will the top nut pressing down on the platform and bottom nut keep the bottom nut from slipping? Make sense? It seems like the platform sitting on two nuts would allow the nuts the jiggle their way down the bolts over time.

Again, sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Lock washers and a drop of Blue LocTite will keep them from going anywhere. However I would use shorter bolts just to make sure the they never come in contact with the mesh head......you just never know.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrill
    replied
    I watched Racer52's videos and I like his design a lot. I'm considering using the light switch covers as my cone platform. However, in the scenario pictured below, do I need to worry about the bottom nut (the one supporting the actual cone platform) slowly making it's way back down the bolt over time or will the top nut pressing down on the platform and bottom nut keep the bottom nut from slipping? Make sense? It seems like the platform sitting on two nuts would allow the nuts the jiggle their way down the bolts over time.

Again, sorry if this doesn't make sense.
    Blue threadlock is great for keeping your nuts from jiggling. Seriously.

A lock washer on top will help clamp it all down too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X