Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When last I checked, the Roland basket was about $35...
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

• From where? Be interested in buying one at that price.

Edit: email received. Thanks Allan.
      Last edited by rasoo; 03-28-10, 11:55 PM.
      Rob
      Building GAS as we speak!! - TD11KV. Extra Yamaha cymbals. MDS-25 rack.

Comment

• Hi guys, I've been through exactly the same search and came up with nothing in Aus. I'd be willing to go in a group order to split the shipping costs - I bought the Fat Daddios from US but bought the wrong sizes!! (ordered in haste cos I was excited and forgot to order an inch smaller - I'm now trying to sell them over in the Classifieds: 2x12" and 1x14" which would suit 13" and 15" shells)

Let me know if you guys want to arrange an order - splitting the shipping 3 or 4 ways makes it much more affordable...
        TD-10 (exp), a2e kit still in progress... soon my pretty...

Comment

• Hey guys,

I found that a lot of the cheapie shops in Oz have pans that will fit.

I tried Go-lo, the $ shop, Clints etc and all of them have 1 or 2 pans that would fit my RT kit (8", 10", 12") - the larger ones are a bit harder to find...

Average prices were between $5 - $10.

Comment

• Hey Herc,
            I've also seen some that looked about right, but nothing that fits a 12" (ie an 11" pan). Can you confirm that you found some that fit? (I'll trade you a cone and a couple of piezos for one!!)
            Allan
            . digitalDrummer
            Review index

Comment

• Hey Adrian, how did you manage to get the FatDaddio's to OZ? I checked their site and it says they only ship within the 'States.
              I would be in if we did and Aussie group buy...

Herc.. we don't have those stores up here, but there maybe a few places I could try that are similar.
              I am looking at a pair of 290mm Aluminium cake tins from Adelaide on Ebay at the moment. But I have promised one of them to Allan if I get them.
              Rob

Comment

• Which site did you try? I bought them from the same place JMan mentioned at the beginning of this thread... I kicked myself when I realised I'd ordered the wrong size because the postage was about double the cost of the pans themselves! I'd be happy to do a combined order.

Comment

• Ah my bad, I googled FatDaddio's and went directly to their site... which is wholesale only.

I didn't see JMan's link... followed it and there is another site!

I'll suss it out while I am there. But yeah I would consider doing all the toms if I can get them at a decent price.
                  If you still have that 12" pan mate I may just take it off your hands too... I have a spare 13" Pearl Masters tom I could make into a E snare.

Just noticed this set would be great for a fusion kit: Link

You would get a 10", 12" and 14" toms plus your snare done, and few little ones to store your screws and gear.
                  Last edited by rasoo; 03-29-10, 06:57 PM.
                  Rob

Comment

• Yes they ship worldwide at the site I bought mine.
                    http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merc..._3_fat_daddios
                    I ordered on line, but I actually ordered one of the sizes wrong myself .... I realized it minutes after I placed the order, so I called their 800 phone number and talked to someone in person. Very helpful, when he changed the order the one pan I mis-ordered was a dollar more than my original order, he just changed it to the right size and didn't even charge me the extra buck.

I told him not to be surprised if his orders for round cake pans went up drastically and explained what we were doing with them

10% off on orders of $59 or more too, so that is nice.....
                    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Well according to their site I could get all the pans I need for around $78AUD including shipping... very tempting!
                      Rob

Comment

• How many pans and what sizes for that price rasoo? I paid about $100AUD for three pans (sizes as above) including postage! And, I didn't get the 10% off - maybe that only applies to US orders?

Comment

• Yes that discount is in US dollars. The whole set is US$34.90 (Approx $38.17 AUD) and shipping is US$36.90 ($40.36AUD) so unless you make your order for more than or equal to US$59 you don't qualify. Shipping I would say would definitely not class for discounts, just the product cost only.

You get:
                          5" pan - 6" tom
                          7" pan - 8" tom
                          9" pan - 10" tom
                          11" pan - 12" tom
                          13" pan - 14" tom/snare

I put a link in my post above.. but here it is again:
                          http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merc...oduct_Count=17
                          Last edited by rasoo; 03-29-10, 07:52 PM.
                          Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by rasoo View Post
                            Yes that discount is in US dollars. The whole set is US$34.90 (Approx $38.17 AUD) and shipping is US$36.90 ($40.36AUD) so unless you make your order for more than or equal to US$59 you don't qualify. Shipping I would say would definitely not class for discounts, just the product cost only.

You get:
                            5" pan - 6" tom
                            7" pan - 8" tom
                            9" pan - 10" tom
                            11" pan - 12" tom
                            13" x 2 pans - 14" tom/snare

I put a link in my post above.. but here it is again:
                            http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merc...oduct_Count=17
                            And there is a discount code on the top of the webpage which you prolly need to put in at checkout.
                            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by rasoo View Post
                              11" pan - 12" tom
                              13" x 2 pans - 14" tom/snare
                              Damn! I need 11" x 2 and 13" x 1

Comment

• Actually I just noticed that it is not x2 pans but x2". So its a 5 pce set, with only 1 x each size.
                                I had to look again to double check.

I would get the same sizes too, and I added an extra 11" pan in the cart. So it came to $109AUD all up including shipping.
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X