Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Demo of Stealth Birdseye Maple Kit with Dual Zone Crash, no holes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Demo of Stealth Birdseye Maple Kit with Dual Zone Crash, no holes.

It's been a while since I put up any videos. I hadn't done a video of my Birdseye Maple kit, so I threw one together. I have had a few people that are reluctant to drill holes in their nice acoustic cymbals that use my trigger kits and decided to build a cymbal with no holes for myself. I have built these in the past with no holes drilled, but normally lean towards mounting with fasteners just to get that bullet proof .... gig ready result, but the holeless install is another option with my trigger kits, and does produce a very Stealth result.

Video here:
    http://www.weblogimages.com/dajmando...ific%20Kit.wmv
    Attached Files
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Sexy kit J!
    Alan

Comment

The father of Vdrums DIY since 2005! nuf said.... Amen!

Comment

Wow. Incredible kit Jman. Thanks for taking the time to share that.
        "to get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder" -

Comment

No Holes

J Man,

What is the price of your no holes trigger kits?

Do you have pics. of your no hole 3 zone ride?

Thanks

Comment

Nicely done Jerry! You work is always top-notch. I am curious about the pitch-change feature...I used (prolly mis-used) it on a kit but not very effectively. Does it work on all the rotos at the same time...I'm guessing yes...and what pedal are you using? My guess is a Jman'd FD 6/7/8...with the spring removed to allow the pedal to remain in position. I think I'll try that for my second HH as it's easier than the electronic clutch Sam made for me.
            BTW....Happy Easter to you and all!
            chris :D

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
              Nicely done Jerry! You work is always top-notch. I am curious about the pitch-change feature...I used (prolly mis-used) it on a kit but not very effectively. Does it work on all the rotos at the same time...I'm guessing yes...and what pedal are you using? My guess is a Jman'd FD 6/7/8...with the spring removed to allow the pedal to remain in position. I think I'll try that for my second HH as it's easier than the electronic clutch Sam made for me.
              BTW....Happy Easter to you and all!
              Thanks for the kind words my friend, and Happy Easter to you

Pitch change feature is on a per pad and per zone (head and rim independent) basis with the TD-20. And that goes for the TD-10 with TDW-1 also, but of course the TD-10 only gives you rim zone on a piezo/switch type pad .... except snare.

Here's the trick though Chris... since I am using 2 modules... my 1st module has my main HH on it. My additional module has my Rotos and Aux HH. So I can control my Aux HH separate from my main HH. Being able to control the varied openness of my Aux HH is exactly why I use that. I have a clutch with my main HH that I can use like you, but find it very nice to have a second HH already set up with the perfect open HH sound I can go to without even engaging or disengaging a clutch.

Nothing so DIY on the pedal (Good idea though!). I have had an EV-5 expression pedal for my HPD-15 for years and never really used it with that so I hooked it up in the HH Cntrl input of my second module for the HH and Rotos:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...px?ObjectId=54
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Alan, aloha, kauai ..... thanks for the kind words....
                BIGWILL, PM sent...

Comment

Another geat video Jerry! Love the expression pedal. I will be integrating that into my kit plans as well. Thanks!
                  8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                  http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

VERY impressive!

I bet you put a video of this on you tube and don't tell anyhone is not a "real drum" (ah ah ah) and nobody could tell the sound is comming from a TD-20. The only thing you'de have to do is send the output to an effect processor to screw the sound up a lilttle.. well, you know, like a "real drum" sounds like!

Comment

Cool vid, J, I dig the pitch control idea.

I have dabbled in hole-less cymbals myself. I have tried tapes and glues, but they have a rather low success rate. Hot gluing the project boxes onto PVC has eventually come loose on just about all my cymbals, but maybe a heavy-duty kind of glue stick would last longer. A slow-drying epoxy seems like the best long-term solution for hole-less cymbal triggers. I find that nothing endures like metal fasteners, but I sure do love how cymbals look without the holes!

A word of caution: anybody who wants to convert their "good" cymbals should know that applying PVC with KRT has potential to damage the cymbal's finish over time. Using a decent low-end cymbal like a ZBT or a B8 as a permanent cymbal trigger may save a person money in the long run by preserving their good acoustic cymbals strictly for acoustic usage.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice trick on the pedal J...after thought the FD's won't work without major mods...need a rocker type pedal.

On the cymbals...anyone try using something like these instead of or with adhesives?

Comment

Simply stunning.

I'd love to have and A to E kit one day, perhaps you could you PM me with
                          some costs as I come over to CA a few times each year on tours and could
                          bring over some drums or buy there, have converted and ship back?

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
                            On the cymbals...anyone try using something like these instead of or with adhesives?
                            That is a great idea, but magnets don't stick to cymbals.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
                              That is a great idea, but magnets don't stick to cymbals.
                              Yeah...I was thinking about that during dinner. Doh!

Comment

Working...
                              X