Keith Raper Circuit PCB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Raper Circuit PCB

I've been working on a PCB for the latest Keith Raper Circuit with and Edge, Bell and Main Piezo to one input. It is roughly 1-1/2"x1-3/4". When finished you will be able to leave out the edge piezo components to use only two piezos. I need some able bodies to look it over and make sure I don't have any errors. It is based on this schematic.

Here is the PDF...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jman 31; 03-14-09, 02:45 PM.
    sigpic JerEd Systems, LED drum triggers

So this is for 3 zone cymbals I imagine? Would it be the version that will work with the Megadrum? If so I may have to do some of these

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4life85 View Post
      So this is for 3 zone cymbals I imagine? Would it be the version that will work with the Megadrum? If so I may have to do some of these
      Yes, Edge, Bell and Main. It's the one that Synthex posted up over on the MegaDrum forum, so I would assume it will work. You might better check with him or Dmitri though. I will have a pdf of the PCB once it is verified. It will also work as a two zone.
      Last edited by jman 31; 03-14-09, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was that one

Comment

Would anyone in the USA, with a three zone, be willing to test this circuit board for me? I'm pretty certain that everything is right. I will send it to you drilled and free of charge. All you have to do is get the parts, build it and report you findings to me. I need someone with some good soldering skills that has done some PCB projects before.

Let me know.
          Thanks
          Jman

EDIT: Here's a picture of the completed PCB. (Sorry it's so blurry)

Last edited by jman 31; 03-19-09, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I am intrigued...
            sigpic

Comment

Have you tried ExpressPCB?? They're good for ordering in small quantities, and have super fast (2-day) turnaround. I use them for the circuits I have sold throughout the years.

I was going to do a combined KR circuit / touch switch choke board set for my cymbals after I'm done converting the drums.

You can see the previous boards I've received from them in this pic:

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dhanisch View Post
                Have you tried ExpressPCB?? They're good for ordering in small quantities, and have super fast (2-day) turnaround. I use them for the circuits I have sold throughout the years.

I was going to do a combined KR circuit / touch switch choke board set for my cymbals after I'm done converting the drums.

You can see the previous boards I've received from them in this pic:
                I actually enjoy the creative process and the satisfaction I get from doing the whole thing. I have Express PCB and several other programs that I use. I have been using Protel lately because I like the 3D view.

Comment

Yeah was going to say I think he likes etching the boards.

Comment

I totally respect that. I did that for years since high school, and after a while, I let other people do it for me Less chemicals to deal with.

You doing the photosensitive sheet / dissolve method?
                    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dhanisch View Post
                      I totally respect that. I did that for years since high school, and after a while, I let other people do it for me Less chemicals to deal with.

You doing the photosensitive sheet / dissolve method?
                      No, but I may start. I've been doing the toner transfer method and I've found it to be a royal pain. I do the same thing, on the same heat, with the same paper and one time it sticks great and the next, I get traces that come up. Kinda frustrating sometimes. Do you know of a good tutorial for the photo sheet method?

Comment

Works pretty much the same as doing silk screen setups.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
                          I am intrigued...
                          Well.........

If I don't get any takers, I will just have to build it myself. One more project to add to my list. I have everything except the transistors and the Pots.

Comment

Originally posted by jman 31 View Post
                            Well.........

If I don't get any takers, I will just have to build it myself. One more project to add to my list. I have everything except the transistors and the Pots.
                            I may try it for you since I have extra KRC components leftover. I still would need to buy a couple parts from Radiosmack, but I actually have a spare 18" ride (and a membrane -style choke) to test it on. Do you have any spare piezos to send with the PCB?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
                              I may try it for you since I have extra KRC components leftover. I still would need to buy a couple parts from Radiosmack, but I actually have a spare 18" ride (and a membrane -style choke) to test it on. Do you have any spare piezos to send with the PCB?
                              I don't have any piezos, but I would be glad to send it to you. PM me with your address if you want it and I'll get it in the mail.

Comment

Working...
                              X