Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic snare to an E snare ?

Hi there
    I have never tried to make my own E-drums, but after reading all the good stories on this forum, I will give it a try. I have a old Pearl (if I remember correctly) metal snare whitout the top head. I'm using the TD-6v module for my E-drums.
    Do anybody have a step-by-step instruction, (included all the bits I need) on how to build my metallsnare so it could trigger the module ????
    Thanks in advance

I am in the same position of converting metal to e cymbols at the moment, just finished the main drums. I initially searched the forum and there is a fair bit of info on this subject. To be honest I found that simply sticking the Piezo to the underside of the cymbol and then covering it with dampening material like neoprene seems to work worked fine. I must admit the only issues I am having is finding a glue that will work on the surface of the symbol to stick the neoprene firmly. My metal hi hat was the same, except I used an old neoprene practise mat to dampen the top cymbol. There is loads of info on building either a variable or on/off switch for the hi hat on this forum, just search. I

Comment

This is the method I used for mine.
      Definitely a good basis for project ideas.

Be sure to let us know how things turn out, and don't forget the pics!
      Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Wow! Nice job. Thanks for taking the time to document this Sabre. It's going to be a big help when I start my project. Can I ask where you picked up the tom mounts? Thanks!
        "to get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder" - keith moon

Comment

Originally posted by kauaiplayer View Post
          Wow! Nice job. Thanks for taking the time to document this Sabre. It's going to be a big help when I start my project. Can I ask where you picked up the tom mounts? Thanks!
          Heh, thats not my website, nor my design... it's just the method I followed when doing my own DIY project. Credit for that awesome resource goes to Rock-On!!

I personally went with Pearl style tom mounts and arms, mainly because thats what was already on the used toms I stared with. The other more widely used option, is to use standard L-rods with floor tom leg brackets.

Be sure to keep us posted on your project, and as always, we love pictures!
          Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Thanks Sabre. I'm doing the ebay lurk for a set of toms.
            "to get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder" - keith moon

Comment

Working...
            X