Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprawl
    replied
    Thanks...you answered all my questions perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• SiliconDrummer
    replied
    Originally posted by sprawl View Post
    ...Before I even attempt to build Keith's design...I was wondering if it is over kill...Do I need to use his design for the TD-9 or can I just build a simple stereo to dual mono splitter?
    Neither of those approaches will work on a TD-9. You need to build the type of splitter described in this thread:
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27881

The TD-9, TD-12, and TD-20 all support dual piezo pads, so you are correct in assuming that you don't need Keith's circuit for your TD-9.

However, TD-9/12/20 dual piezo inputs are not really splittable since the module needs to see BOTH piezo signals. It uses both signals to determine which sound to play -- head or rim. So, if you just build a simple stereo to dual mono splitter, the pad hooked up to the rim signal will NEVER trigger since the module needs to see both Head and Rim signals to trigger the RIM sound.

However, the above referenced thread shows how to build a splitter that tricks the module into thinking that both piezo's are in the same pad. Keep in mind, though, that your module CANNOT trigger the head AND RIM sound at the same time. You can only get the head OR the rim. So, don't expect to hit two pads at the same time and get both sounds.

Does anyone know what the head of the PD-85 is tied to...the tip or the sleeve?
    Head is Tip, Rim is Ring, common ground to both piezo's is the Sleeve.

-SD-

Leave a comment:

• sprawl
    started a topic Expanding on a maxed out TD-9SX

Expanding on a maxed out TD-9SX

I have read all the threads on splitting a dual trigger into two individual triggers. Before I even attempt to build Keith's design...I was wondering if it is over kill...Do I need to use his design for the TD-9 or can I just build a simple stereo to dual mono splitter? Does anyone know what the head of the PD-85 is tied to...the tip or the sleeve?
    Sorry to continue dragging out this topic. I just hate wasting time and fabricating stuff that does not function correctly.
Working...
X