Using FD8 as a Bass Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using FD8 as a Bass Trigger

Hi - Any idea how I can use an FD8 (or FD6 or FD7) as a bass trigger. The purpose is a simple and quiet bass drums playing in my quite often hotel room without the need to use regular pedal and a KD series arrangement.

Thanks
    IDB

I'd think it would work fine..... maybe not though?

Comment

I think Daddy's right.....But maybe not.
      DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
      Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

Roland TD-10 module
      Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

Comment

So nobody can help????

Comment

Originally posted by idb View Post
          Hi - Any idea how I can use an FD8 (or FD6 or FD7) as a bass trigger. The purpose is a simple and quiet bass drums playing in my quite often hotel room without the need to use regular pedal and a KD series arrangement.

Thanks
          IDB
          I noticed that you asked this question about a year ago and Bruce told you to leave it plugged into the hi-hat control input, but assign a kick drum sound to your hi-hat:
          http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38294

I assume that you tried that and it didn't work. Is that correct?

-SD-

Comment

No, it's not possible to use an FD pedal as a kick trigger.

There are some other beaterless pedals you could use instead: Triggering the kick without hitting it?

Bruce

Comment

DD55 kick pedal

I am putting together a DIY kit, and haven't finished the kick yet. So to play around with it in the meantime, I grabbed the kick foot-switch off my son's Yamaha DD55 and plugged it in to the kick trigger input of my TD-10. Works fine. Obviously doesn't have the feel of a pedal, but it does have a variable output, and by adjusting your sensitivity you can get it to work well. It would easily fit in a carry-on bag (or even a coat pocket), so it would be a great travel solution. You can order one from Yamaha here:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/...ENERAL,00.html
              Attached Files
              Last edited by erenaud; 01-27-09, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X