Need Help with TD10 splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with TD10 splitter

I have converted my Gretsch maple kit to electronic. I am wanting to put a splitter on the tom outputs. One will go to a single zone tom and the other to another single zone pad also. Any help or diagram will be much appreciated.

Originally posted by UPSdriver View Post
    I have converted my Gretsch maple kit to electronic. I am wanting to put a splitter on the tom outputs. One will go to a single zone tom and the other to another single zone pad also. Any help or diagram will be much appreciated.

hey there UPSdriver -
    check this thread
    http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27881
    it is near the top of the DIY forum as a 'sticky' - stickys stay at the top of the list

see if that answers your questions...
    if not, then post again
    TD-20 (non expanded), acoustic look DIY a to e conversion - some cake pan/ some crossbar method. DIY cymbals, VH-12 :-)
    Psalm 150
    had the best times with this band https://www.facebook.com/SaintHooliganMusic
    YouTube video postings: https://www.youtube.com/user/racer52online/videos
    Vdrums Photo Albums: http://www.vdrums.com/member/26923-racer52/media

Comment

I did see that thread but it did not mention the TD10. I thought for some reason it might be a different configuration for that unit.

Comment

Originally posted by UPSdriver View Post
        I did see that thread but it did not mention the TD10. I thought for some reason it might be a different configuration for that unit.
        That's true, it is different for a TD-10 (where the only dual-piezo input is the snare). A simply modified splitter cable as in that thread won't work. You would need the more complex Raper circuit (to convert a piezo/rim-switch input for use with two piezos):

Sticky: Building Keith Raper's Circuit

Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

So, this raper circuit will convert dual-piezo signals (supposingly coming from 2 single zone pads) into piezo/switch signals which can be fed into one of TD-10's tirgger input?

If so, does it mean this will give me dual-trigger on mesh pad on toms??

PD-105 -> raper circuit -> Tom1 input on TD-10

Has anyone tried?

p.s. What am I thinking?! I thought I was a dumb drummer. Why suddenly I'm looking into DIY?!?!
          My compact kit.

Comment

Originally posted by sciomako View Post
            So, this raper circuit will convert dual-piezo signals (supposingly coming from 2 single zone pads) into piezo/switch signals which can be fed into one of TD-10's tirgger input?
            Yes, using the first version described.

If so, does it mean this will give me dual-trigger on mesh pad on toms??

PD-105 -> raper circuit -> Tom1 input on TD-10

Has anyone tried?
            Yes, as an alternative to two pads, using either version of the circuit.

p.s. What am I thinking?! I thought I was a dumb drummer. Why suddenly I'm looking into DIY?!?!
            Because you're a frugal dumb drummer? It can be blamed on the economy like everything else.

Bruce

Comment

Wow excellent, thanks Bruce!

(Now, where did I place my soldering iron... hmm....)
              My compact kit.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                Yes, using the first version described.
                Bruce,

Should it be version #2 instead, if I want to connect PD-105 to tom1 of my TD-10 and get rim sound?

By the way, a stupid question: of the stereo jack, which contact corresponds to the main trigger, which to the rim trigger and which to the ground?
                My compact kit.

Comment

Should it be version #2 instead, if I want to connect PD-105 to tom1 of my TD-10 and get rim sound?
                  Either, as I said in answer to that question.

By the way, a stupid question: of the stereo jack, which contact corresponds to the main trigger, which to the rim trigger and which to the ground?
                  Tip=Head, Ring=Rim, Sleeve=Ground.

Bruce

Comment

You guys are making my brain hurt!

Comment

But helps your wallet!
                      My compact kit.

Comment

Not sure if this is still the case, but at one time Keith Raper would build the circuit box for a very reasonable price for those who needed that option...
                        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X