questions about DDrum triggers and DIY kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about DDrum triggers and DIY kit

alright, I'm atm at the process of making my own DIY kit, I already have a TD-12 module, Right now im buying a cheap set, I wanted to put DDrum pro triggers on it, I've read that the snare trigger also triggers the rim seperately, anybody has any experience on how it works? or maybe I'd just better off getting a roland pad as a snare in order to have the rim?

by the way, anybody has any tips on how making the mesh headed kit as quiet as possible? is it needed to take off the bottom head of the drum? or just stuff the drum with pillows? I need it to be really super quiet. thanks alot in advance. =)

IMHO it is best to put mesh heads on the bottom of the drum (cheap ones) and yes stuff the bass drum. The loudest pad on my kit is the Roland PD-120 which I use for a snare. Again, IMHO its hard to get a 14" snare head to tighten up like a snare - the Roland head was the best but the 14" are being discontinued/ are a fortune. The ddrum snare trigger has a additional piezo inside the trigger body. Just bolt it on and fiddle with the rim gain in the td-12. I have a Roland snare to get the positional sensing.
    HTH
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pchanning View Post
      IMHO it is best to put mesh heads on the bottom of the drum (cheap ones) and yes stuff the bass drum. The loudest pad on my kit is the Roland PD-120 which I use for a snare. Again, IMHO its hard to get a 14" snare head to tighten up like a snare - the Roland head was the best but the 14" are being discontinued/ are a fortune. The ddrum snare trigger has a additional piezo inside the trigger body. Just bolt it on and fiddle with the rim gain in the td-12. I have a Roland snare to get the positional sensing.
      HTH
      awesome then I'll just get the snare trigger and not a roland pad, it saves me tons of money. does it work really well for both loud rimshots and quiet playing on the rim?

and thanks alot, you've helped me alot both now and in the past.

Comment

yeah, it'll be fine, the magic is in the module... and no problem
        Cheers
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X