Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stickinthemud
    replied
    I am having a hard time finding information for that module. I don't know if it supports anything other than single-zone triggering. In that case you can rig up whatever you want as long as you provide a trigger for each sound, which can be awkward and require some workshop skills, not toi mention eating up lots of inputs. I don't think the TMX supports any 2-zone pads, so I'm thinking a chokable cymbal is out of the question.

When I had the Yamaha DTX V2.0, I set up a 3-zone ride of sorts. I used an 8" 2-zone pad for a cymbal, and immediately above it I mounted a "Bone Pad" which is basically a padded bar with a piezo disc inside. It played a lot like a regular cymbal in that I would strike the middle of the pad for the bow sound, strike the edge for the edge sound, and strike the bone pad with the shoulder of the stick, so the distances were about the same as they would be in a normal situation.

A lot of people make their own bone pads. All you really have to do is take any reasonably stout peice of material, like, say a 2" by 6" peice of 3/4" plywood, glue on a piezo disc with a 1/4" mono jack attached, and cover it with a layer of mouse pad rubber. Mount it in whatever way is feasible for your situation.
    Last edited by stickinthemud; 01-15-09, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• N3maN
    replied
    Bummer, thanks for that mate...

Can anyone else shed anymore light on this one?

Leave a comment:

• evil1rox
    replied
    Originally posted by N3maN View Post
    A couple of quick questions, will the yamaha tmx support a dual zone snare and a tri-zone ride. I have been inspired by cheapthrill's thread!

If so, is there anything special i need to do to make it work?

Thanks

Cam

1) Welcome to the never ending madness that is e-drums brother!

2) I am by no means an expert with older Yammie modules, but from what I can read from the specs I'm leaning toward a partial no answer.

-Partial because it looks like it WILL support a dual zone snare, but not a 3 zone cymbal. Doesn't look like it will support choke either...but maybe someone else can prove or disprove this..??? I found a brief list of specs on the Yammie site here.

Not sure if it will accept a Roland type 2 zone pad (piezo/piezo) or if it requires a the Yammie style.

E

Leave a comment:

• N3maN
    started a topic Yamaha TMX....?

Yamaha TMX....?

Hi Guys,

I have to say, this place has been totally inspirational! I have been struggling to fit all my students into a weekend... and now i have the answer... weeknights on my very own A - E Kit!

A couple of quick questions, will the yamaha tmx support a dual zone snare and a tri-zone ride. I have been inspired by cheapthrill's thread!

If so, is there anything special i need to do to make it work?

Thanks

Cam
Working...
X