Piezo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piezo

After spending a while browsing through different threads and looking at pictures of different piezo's, I have noticed that the black wire is attached to the brass back plate and the red to the silver oxide layer. Most of the images seem to be from US sites, however, the Piezo's I have purchased here in the UK from Maplin and CPC have had the red wire connected to the brass plate.
    For what I am using the piezo's for it does not matter which way they are colour coded, just wondering if anyone else notice this.

Originally posted by mee View Post
    After spending a while browsing through different threads and looking at pictures of different piezo's, I have noticed that the black wire is attached to the brass back plate and the red to the silver oxide layer. Most of the images seem to be from US sites, however, the Piezo's I have purchased here in the UK from Maplin and CPC have had the red wire connected to the brass plate.
    For what I am using the piezo's for it does not matter which way they are colour coded, just wondering if anyone else notice this.
    The wire color doesn't matter. Just connect them how you see it done and disregard the piezo wire color..
    sigpic JerEd Systems, LED drum triggers

Comment

Working...
    X