Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdrum

Hey,

did some forum searching and it seems many people have talked about tdrum mesh heads, how do they compare to Roland? I need to buy 2 x 12" and 4 x 10" heads and its going to be a bit expensive for a 16 year old if I'm not careful!

Everything I need (at the moment) to finish my DIY is looking at coming to £350 :s and that hurts!

Oh also does anybody know the diameter of the rod on the MDH-10U? Im hoping 9.5mm to 10.5mm because that is the cheapest tom bracket I can find - £7.50.

Cheers

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34812

Check through here, there's heaps of options for a DIY mesh head - alot of people have used Suntex or other solar screen mesh, I'm looking into trying needlework fabric for mine. Mesh heads are expensive, DIY options are way cheaper and look to be a pretty simple project

Comment

I'm after things I know work and leaving DIY heads for later I think 2 snares and 4 toms is enough to be getting on with!

Just thinking what people think of the tdrum ones they are about a 3rd of the price of roland ones.

Cheers anyway

Comment

The DIY mesh heads have been proven to work for quite some time. Most use the window screen material and find that its very good and often feels better then the commercial mesh heads. You can see tons of videos of people using this stuff on youtube and some have been using them for quite a while without needing to replace them yet.

Comment

You can also try the DDT meshheads (available at www.drum-tec.de), these are similar to rolands (2 layers of mesh) and from what I've heard very durable and better feel. Price is a little more than the T-drums, but far from Roland's prices.

Comment

Thanks guys after doing more reading around I think I will go for rolland on my snare and tdrum for my toms.

Cheers

Comment

Jut had a thought, by better feel do you mean more like a real drum? and therefore less bouncy? because I like bouncy, I have my pd-85 done up really tight purely because I like the bounce.

So what do you mean by a "better feel"?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X