Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a beauty

Guys,

Take a look at this PDP kit. Its one of the most beautiful I have ever seen and a target for a DIY. A shall pack is is only 600 - 700USD!
    I am VERY tempted. Would go with Smarttrigger cymbals to make it look real. I have however not found an authentic looking high hat that seems to work as well as the one that comes with a TD20.
    Any advice?

jorn
    Attached Files

Hmm I quite like that color green

Comment

I've bought the field electronics hihat, but it didn't live up to my expectations. I now use smartrigger cymbal pads and the VH12 roland hihat. I won't settle for a crappy hihat and haven't found a decent one yet. So good luck, and let me know if you find one

Hans.

Comment

That is very beautiful. Buy it and convert it!
        sigpic

Comment

That is a beauty and if you get it I will be very jealous. I always wanted an X7 and the lime green is by far my favorite. I instead opted for a second hand PDP Chameleon (now discontinued) short-stack set that I converted. In the long run, the X7 probably would have been cheaper after I spent the small fortune on recovering the Chameleons to my liking.

For realistic looking cymbals I would either go with Smarttriggers or if you want to do a bit of DIY check out Jman's triggers (he also has a very good tutorial on combining a Roland FD-7 hihat pedal and an PDP 2-legged hihat stand).

If you convert these, please show us some pictures so I can drool.
          Dan

Comment

That is the same set I was eye-balling

I think it would make an awsome e-kit! I like the look and compactness of the smaller toms

show us the pics as you proceed

I ended up finding a youth kit, for mega cheap, that I now have in the conversion process.

On the cymbal topic...check out his thread:
            http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46118
            TD-20 (non expanded), acoustic look DIY a to e conversion - some cake pan/ some crossbar method. DIY cymbals, VH-12 :-)
            Psalm 150
            had the best times with this band https://www.facebook.com/SaintHooliganMusic
            YouTube video postings: https://www.youtube.com/user/racer52online/videos
            Vdrums Photo Albums: http://www.vdrums.com/member/26923-racer52/media

Comment

-Before you convert it... (if you've bought it already that is)

How does it sound as an acoustic kit? I'm in the market for a new kit and I completely forgot about PDP!

E
              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Love the color!

Comment

I just bought that kit 3 weeks ago (different color though) and am in the process of converting it. Last night I got my shipment of heads with the Harts on top and Pearl's on the bottoms. Next I'm going to be working on my triggers and getting the cymbals converted. The shell packs are $750 for the wraps and $899 for the lacquer finish. I got lucky and picked up mine for a killer deal at a local GC. I also just picked up some DW 5000 double pedals for the setup and I'm getting very anxious to play!

I agree though, the x7 kit is a great setup for converting. Looks good, good tom sizes, good brand, fair price.
                  Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Jorn View Post

Would go with Smarttrigger cymbals to make it look real. I have however not found an authentic looking high hat that seems to work as well as the one that comes with a TD20.
                    Any advice?

jorn
                    Check out Hart Dynamics Ecymbal II's and the Epedal. I love mine.
                    -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

Working...
                    X