Mounting Alesis DM5 on acoustic kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Alesis DM5 on acoustic kit

Any stands on the market to mount the DM5 on my DW kit? I don't have a rack and was hoping there was an aftermarket stand that would work. I thought of using a straight extension bar from gilbraltar along with a quick set clamp to attach it to my hi-hat stand. This looks like it would work, but like I said hopefully someone has ran across this before and has a good solution.

thanks in advance...
    DTXtreme 3
    S-classix-walnut roots
    DW-black oyster glass
    Pearl Masters-red glass
    Keller kit-tangerine glass

Originally posted by larlev View Post
    Any stands on the market to mount the DM5 on my DW kit? I don't have a rack and was hoping there was an aftermarket stand that would work. I thought of using a straight extension bar from gilbraltar along with a quick set clamp to attach it to my hi-hat stand. This looks like it would work, but like I said hopefully someone has ran across this before and has a good solution.

thanks in advance...
    Have you considered something like this:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/clos...eRackStd--Main
    This is what I used when I had a DM5 & DMPro. The best part is I would put my amp in it as well. The open design makes it great for plugging and unplugging cords. Wow that's going back to '98. Here is a pick of my old DIY kit in 1998 using this rack (in the rack DM5, 100watt amp, & tape deck)
    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

That would work..only thing is the space issue. I just don't have the room where the kit is setup. I was hoping to mount it in front and to the left of me.

Thanks for the reply, I will buy it just to have a for sure way to mount it.
      DTXtreme 3
      S-classix-walnut roots
      DW-black oyster glass
      Pearl Masters-red glass

Comment

what about a piece of board of plastic with a threaded hole and just mount it on a cymbal stand or maybe you can get it to sit in a snare stand? I dunno just suggestions

Comment

There is a rack mount that someone designed for these 19" drum modules although I'm not sure if it was designed by Alesis or not . To describe it I would say it somewhat resembles a Gibraltar percussion table but is not as bulky with the width . The ends of the mount have ears built in and you just attach the module with screws like you would in a rack case . I have seen them on ebay before , but they have become quite rare to find . They also have a long down post on them that I believe is either 3/4" or 7/8" so it would fit in some stand bases or on a rack system using a rack clamp .

I'm not sure if you'd be able to find some specs searching google or not about it ?

sam(otacon28)
          Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums ," Blaster " drum triggers , & " Ballistech II " drumheads. Also sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel .

Hear my music at :

http://o28music.bandcamp.com/
          http://www.reverbnation.com/o28

Comment

Originally posted by otacon28 View Post
            There is a rack mount that someone designed for these 19" drum modules although I'm not sure if it was designed by Alesis or not . To describe it I would say it somewhat resembles a Gibraltar percussion table but is not as bulky with the width . The ends of the mount have ears built in and you just attach the module with screws like you would in a rack case . I have seen them on ebay before , but they have become quite rare to find . They also have a long down post on them that I believe is either 3/4" or 7/8" so it would fit in some stand bases or on a rack system using a rack clamp .

I'm not sure if you'd be able to find some specs searching google or not about it ?

sam(otacon28)
            Man if you come across one of those let me know. I bought the above pictured rack that Hellfire used, and it works fine....just not what I was hoping to use.
            DTXtreme 3
            S-classix-walnut roots
            DW-black oyster glass
            Pearl Masters-red glass

Comment

Working...
            X