X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapthrill
    replied
    Originally posted by an_d View Post
    1) is it still necessary to use the 3M spray adhesive to glue the layers of the cone when stacking the layeers together or is the adhesive backing sufficient?

2) I know double sided tape is used to mount the piezo to the crossbar, but how are you mounting the cone to the piezo. Is double sided tape required here or is it directly mounted on the piezo via the adhesive backing from the mcmasters foam.
    The adhesive backing of the McMasters-Carr foam works fine without any additions glues. Also, I'd stick it right on the piezo without tape.

Leave a comment:

• an_d
    started a topic Mount DIY Cone to Piezo

Mount DIY Cone to Piezo

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the information that has been posted on this site (Great for newbies like me).

I ordered some of the mcmasters foam (adhesive backing), and I had a couple of questions.

1) is it still necessary to use the 3M spray adhesive to glue the layers of the cone when stacking the layeers together or is the adhesive backing sufficient?

2) I know double sided tape is used to mount the piezo to the crossbar, but how are you mounting the cone to the piezo. Is double sided tape required here or is it directly mounted on the piezo via the adhesive backing from the mcmasters foam.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

an_d
Working...
X