35mm piezo from Mitchman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mm piezo from Mitchman

I am upgrading my PD-100 to dual trigger.On my PD-120's the wires are colored red/white,soldered red to red white to white.The piezo I recieved from Mitchman are white and gold/bronze.On my 120's it appears that the red is outside and white inside, it is a challange to say because they have glue or caulking on them.I soldered one yesterday and it seems to work although I had to turn off the x-talk on my HH rim.Can anyone confirm that this is correct.Mitch's piezos soldered,outside to red, inside to white on the circuit board?
    TD -10 EXP V-PRO, TD-12 module,HPD-15,SPD-30 ,SPD-SX dual trigger toms,upgraded V-cymbals Korg Karma,M-3, Pearl Eliminator DBL pedals,KD-120, Sonor Maple acoustic, Zildjian Cymbals
    Gene Krupa,Mitch Mitchell,Akira Jimbo,Milos Meier

Not sure of Mitch's wiring or if it is always the same...the best way to tell is with an Ohm meter...or continuity tester. Cheap ones can be had for less than $5.
    chris :D

Comment

Honestly, it doesn't matter much because a piezo creates a voltage that oscillates through the zero line. Generally, though, the inner disk is positive and the outer ring is ground.
      sigpic

Comment

Why not check with Mitch? His after-sales service is great.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

I did he could not give me a definite answer.
          TD -10 EXP V-PRO, TD-12 module,HPD-15,SPD-30 ,SPD-SX dual trigger toms,upgraded V-cymbals Korg Karma,M-3, Pearl Eliminator DBL pedals,KD-120, Sonor Maple acoustic, Zildjian Cymbals
          Gene Krupa,Mitch Mitchell,Akira Jimbo,Milos Meier

Comment

Working...
          X