Auxiliary wire on TD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxiliary wire on TD9

I have a TD9 Kit and was wondering since i have an extra quarter inch labeled Auxiliary, does that mean i get an extra cymbal or tom right?

My question also is: whre can i buy that extra cymbal to mount it on and how can I mount it ,do i have to buy hardware too???

Also I bought a VEXPRESSION for $30 named HODGEPODGE. I got 30 kits in it but the only problem is, when I go to the instrument section to see what new instruments i got, there are no new ones. they are the same as my stock kit but just different in their ambience(such as playing in a cave, a studio, bathroom... etc)
    So why did I buy the VEXPRESSIONS? they seemed to just pick the same stock sounds as my kit already have and change ambiences and tuning.
    any help will be appreciated
    -MrD

Re: Auxilliary input

You can actually add 2 more inputs to your TD-9 (aux and crash2). They can both be used for cymbals or 2 more pads or one of each. As far as where to get them, you should be able to buy them at your local music store or online. And yes, you will have to buy the hardware separately.

Comment

Originally posted by mrd777 View Post
      I have a TD9 Kit and was wondering since i have an extra quarter inch labeled Auxiliary, does that mean i get an extra cymbal or tom right?

My question also is: whre can i buy that extra cymbal to mount it on and how can I mount it ,do i have to buy hardware too???

Also I bought a VEXPRESSION for $30 named HODGEPODGE. I got 30 kits in it but the only problem is, when I go to the instrument section to see what new instruments i got, there are no new ones. they are the same as my stock kit but just different in their ambience(such as playing in a cave, a studio, bathroom... etc)
      So why did I buy the VEXPRESSIONS? they seemed to just pick the same stock sounds as my kit already have and change ambiences and tuning.
      any help will be appreciated
      -MrD
      Welcome aboard. Vexpression don't add new sounds to a Roland module. Roland module are not able to upload new sound. Vexpression packs take the standard sounds and tweak them to sound better. They do this by changing the ambience, tuning, panning, and EQ-ing. They only module on the market that can import sounds is the yamaha DTX3. They only other module that I know that can upload sounds is the Alesis DMPro but it has been out of production for about seven years.
      alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

yep, I have the same kit;

as for hardware you can add a second tom and additional cymbal.
        ( or variations there of depending on budget)

If you want to add the 4th tom you get a pd-85 tom to mount to the drum rack you need an MDH-10U

if you want to add a cymbal you an get a variety of roland cymbals. But to mount them you would need a cymbal mount MDY-10U .

My updates were a second cy-12r/c as a crash 1
        a third cy-12r/c as crash 2
        a kd-85 Mesh Kick
        and shortly the V-11 highhat.

cheers
        RJ
        TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Comment

Ahh i see, thanks a lot guys this explains a lot. Now can I use any quarter inch for plugging in the new stuff I add?

Comment

Originally posted by mrd777 View Post
            Ahh i see, thanks a lot guys this explains a lot. Now can I use any quarter inch for plugging in the new stuff I add?
            if you buy roland pads, they come with the proper cable
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
            X