• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today only

Cheap drums for DIY.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

The drums are on clearance, they have a chrome version for the same price (search savage), I doubt they'll go up after today, the wood ones will probably be on clearance tommorrow too at the same price.
    -[K]

Comment

That looks to be their regular price.....
      Attached Files
      alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Almost like the new Simmons Hybrid kit ad!

The picture shows a 6pc acoustic drum set with hihat and 3 cymbals with stands, 2 electronic pads, module and monitor, with the price of $399...

When you read the description, it says:
        This kit does not include an acoustic drum set; Simmons' Electronic Hybrid Kit contains only the pads, monitor, and module.

Comment

I guess it's everyday stupid.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Originally posted by pasta View Post
            I guess it's everyday stupid.
            Its the "Everyday Price Sale"

It used to make me laugh to no end when I worked at Guitar Center how that stuff worked.

"We're having a big sale guys. Make sure you get all these new tags on all the merch with the sale prices."

Exact same price...different boarder color on the tags.. (Not everything, but a good portion of stuff stayed the same price.)

E
            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
              Its the "Everyday Price Sale"

It used to make me laugh to no end when I worked at Guitar Center how that stuff worked.

"We're having a big sale guys. Make sure you get all these new tags on all the merch with the sale prices."

Exact same price...different boarder color on the tags.. (Not everything, but a good portion of stuff stayed the same price.)

E
              Don't even get me started on Guitar Center. Back in the day when it came to my area they had the whole List Price scam...I mean scheme going on. They would have the manufacturer list price on the tag and scream about how great their 30% off sale was when in reality every normal music store had the regular price set at about 30% off the list. I'd bet they made a killing in the those years on every low end item they sold because Mom and Dad buying little Jimmy a guitar, amp or drumset didn't know any better. The informed musicians either didn't do business there or had a friend who worked there to get real deals through.

Thank God for the internet shining light on the stupidy of the that idea. Now every consumer can easily inform themselves about whatever piece of gear they're looking to buy. I can't even bring myself to go in that place these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexicon View Post
                Thank God for the internet shining light on the stupidy of the that idea. Now every consumer can easily inform themselves about whatever piece of gear they're looking to buy. I can't even bring myself to go in that place these days.
                I always used to say if someone (Sam Ash, Mars) would sell at a flat 10-15% above cost and offer no hassle buying that they would SMASH Guitar Center to bits.

Most of their "sales force" is just geting paid to make sure nothing gets stolen anyways... (trust me...they don't pay well..even the commission scheme there sucks unless you can get the store manager to help you out)..why not drop the pants and just sell as much gear as you can put in your warehouse?

E
                - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
                  I always used to say if someone (Sam Ash, Mars) would sell at a flat 10-15% above cost and offer no hassle buying that they would SMASH Guitar Center to bits.

Most of their "sales force" is just geting paid to make sure nothing gets stolen anyways... (trust me...they don't pay well..even the commission scheme there sucks unless you can get the store manager to help you out)..why not drop the pants and just sell as much gear as you can put in your warehouse?

E
                  Well guitarcenter used to do that (ask for the 10 up deal instore). But most of the vendors have an agreement with the manufacturer(or someone) that they can't post prices below a certain level, what the actual level is I have no clue. Sometimes you'll get a smaller vendor that has a 'click here for pricing'. I've found ones with a sizable chunk less than GC.
                  -[K]

Comment

What I like about GC, MF, Sam Ash, etc. is the no payments, no interest deal and teh free shipping. They also have a great selection of stuff and it gets to you reasonably quickly. They alos do offer some good deals, but I agree - not on pricing (sale prices are always the same as regular for the most part). But In the past year, I got a 20% discount at MF as a "preferred customer" and ordered about $1,200 worth of stuff for only $960. That was a big savings and the prices were as good or better than what I could have done on Ebay. Plus I got free shipping and a year interest free to pay it off - that was a sweet deal.

Recently, I got 2 $100 off on pruchases of $399 or more at Sam Ash. Both times, I bought $400 worth of stuff and paid $300. Again - nice discount.

So if you use them, they do offer good deals once in a while. I usually get what I can on Ebay otherwise I use MF and Sam Ash. But Kraft and RMC are alos GREAT for certain things. It just depends on what you are buying and whether or not you have the cash to lay down up front for stuff.

DIY E-Pearl Rhythm Traveler
                    Roland & Yamaha cymbals, DrumKAT TURBO 4.5, PoleKATs, TD-20

My Pink Floyd The Wall Tribute band - "Beyond The Wall"

all original CD with previous band - Rhyme & Reason

Comment

Originally posted by JamalPiper View Post
                      Sometimes you'll get a smaller vendor that has a 'click here for pricing'. I've found ones with a sizable chunk less than GC.
                      Very true. Last spring, I found a steal on a Gibraltar rack at the website of a privately owned store. I called GuitarCenter to see if they would match the price (to get free shipping) and they said they wouldn't because the rack at that site was labeled as a "blowout" sale. Regardless of the hefty shipping fee, it was still a way lower price than I would ever get from GC, even if it were a "blem" item. Shopping around is totally worth it sometimes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X