RockBand Cymbal kit conversion to DIY set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockBand Cymbal kit conversion to DIY set

Rockband Cymbal expansion pack (with mounting brackets)

I know this is slightly out of the DIY rhelm, but I did have to do a slight conversion. I had 15 minutes and $32.00 with tax in two single zone cymbals.

First I took them apart (4 screws) and removed the little circuit board that was in there. I took the piezo wires out of that circuit board and soldered them directly to the input wires that were on the larger board. The wires do not follow standard jack colors so I used a continuity tester to tell where they were attached to the input jack. I ended up soldering the red wire from the input jack to the black wire of the piezo and then just soldered the tip and ring wires together and to the red piezo wire. Then I put it all back together and walla... easy cymbals and much quieter than my diyers.

Here's some pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jman 31; 12-19-08, 02:09 PM.
    sigpic JerEd Systems, LED drum triggers

Originally posted by jman 31 View Post
    Rockband Cymbal expansion pack (with mounting brackets)

I know this is slightly out of the DIY rhelm, but I did have to do a slight conversion. I had 15 minutes and $32.00 with tax in two single zone cymbals.

First I took them apart (4 screws) and removed the little circuit board that was in there. I took the piezo wires out of that circuit board and soldered them directly to the input wires that were on the larger board. The wires do not follow standard jack colors so I used a continuity tester to tell where they were attached to the input jack. I ended up soldering the red wire from the input jack to the black wire of the piezo and then just soldered the tip and ring wires together and to the red piezo wire. Then I put it all back together and walla... easy cymbals and much quieter than my diyers.

Here's some pictures.
    That is a good idea and it is definitely DIY. Do you have any pictures of your entire kit?
    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Here's my kit and my recording station.
      Attached Files
      sigpic JerEd Systems, LED drum triggers

Comment

Working...
      X