Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a piezo preferable on external triggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a piezo preferable on external triggers?

hmm, I wondered, seems like so many people install internal triggers (piezos) and put alot of effort for alternating things that will hold them and so on, why not picking externals like roland's or Ddrum's? is it just because of the price?

The piezo disc is not very durable. As long as it is buried in the pad where it is protected, it's fine, but put it out where it can get hit by a stick and it will soon end up cracked. Any housing for it would have to be well-padded. Aside from that, I do not know the pros and cons of using a piezo as an external trigger.
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropy View Post
      hmm, I wondered, seems like so many people install internal triggers (piezos) and put alot of effort for alternating things that will hold them and so on, why not picking externals like roland's or Ddrum's? is it just because of the price?
      I think the biggest hold-up that some eDrummers have with externals, is the lack of positional sensing or PS. For some this is a deal breaker. If you are not a nuance type drummer, you may not care about PS. I would think that this would be a bigger deal to a jazz drummer than a pop/rock drummer. Also, keep in mind that only Roland hardware (modules) support the PS signal. Some software synth support PS as well, but you will still need a Roland device to send the correct information to the software.
      alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Working...
      X