M Birch Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Birch Conversion

Last edited by 2slow; 04-30-10, 05:35 PM.
    Mapex Saturn
    Mapex M Birch
    Roland TD-10/12 :cool:

Looks Great! Now that you mastered DIY eDrums, do you have any plans for doing DIY eCymbals?
    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Ehm... wow!

Stijn
      'lectric drumma
      Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfire View Post
        Looks Great! Now that you mastered DIY eDrums, do you have any plans for doing DIY eCymbals?
        Thanks and no on the diy cymbals been there and done that I don't like the thunk sound they make I like the roland cymbals best plus the new rave is the black cymbals so these will fit right in !!
        Mapex Saturn
        Mapex M Birch

Comment

very nice Kit.......Pertty
          TD-12

Comment

Beautiful kit and a nice way to fill that TD10's inputs...I'm with you on the cymbals.
            I really like that #1 tom/cymbal stand too...great looking hardware.
            chris :D

Comment

Mang, that is a GORGEOUS kit. Nice work.
              Hybrid TD-12+6v, slEaZyDrummer + a few extras

...using the same sticks since 2003!

Comment

Nice kit 2slow!! I converted the same Mbirch kit in Black Forest Cherry color.
                I agree with you as well, I didn't much care for DIY cymbals, tried the Harts, now using Pintechs which are pretty good. I orginally had Rolands but sold them all when I sold my Roland pads to convert the M birch kit. Wish I hadn't though, I will one day probably go back to the Rolands.

D4L
                MAPEX Black Forest Cherry DIY with TD20 module combined with TD3... (with room to expand!)
                1 Hart Ride, 4 Pintech 14" Crash Cymbals, Pintech China, 10" Pintech Splash, Roland Hi Hats, JBL Eon G2 Powered Speaker, Iron Cobra Powerglide Double Pedal, V-Expression's kits and not enough TIME in the day to play!!! :eek:

Comment

very nice looking kit.
                  Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

update

For some reason ( who knows ) a few months back I sold all my roland cymbals and td10 module ?? I have regretted it so I am on a quest to step the conversion up !! I have upgraded the snare trigger with a jman set up !! I bought a td12 set Friday week ago it arrived Tuesday morning ! First thing I did was to hook the module and cymbals to the mapex and give her a try !! Sounded OK thru the speakers, put the head phones on and WOW big difference they sound good !! After about an hour I grabbed the TD12 set put everything together and within a few minutes it was sounding Very good !! So I took the default #1 kit and started tweaking to My liking !! Then thought...this really needs to sound this good thru the spearkers !
                    I have a B-52 speaker system and a small yamaha board . I took the sattelite speakers and put them on the floor to the left and right real close . After playing for a few I moved the sub behind the set and adjusted everything ! Now this is more like it !!
                    Next day I was wondering if the mapex could sound that good ?? So I set the mapex back up using the speakers tucked in close and it sounded... well just kinda OK. I started again tweaking everything in the module and this time I got deep into the td12 brain and WOW YES it sounds better than it ever has !!! Plus after setting it up in the speakers it sounds as good on the phones too ! I haven't played this much in a very long time !! I'm up before My Family every day so I've been getting in an hour or so in the early am with My coffee this week ! I bought a pair of cy14s and a cy15 today will get them next week !! Here are some shots from today !

Mapex Saturn
                    Mapex M Birch

Comment

Drool drool... nice work dude!
                      2 x 2Box Drumit5 Modules, PD125, 4 x PD85, 4 x 10 PPD (Pan/Pipe Drum) DIYs, KD-120, VH12s, 4 x CY-12R, 1 x CY-15R, 1 x 8" Kit Toy Splash, 1 x 10" Kit Toy Splash, Kit Toy 13" China (Single Zone), PD7, Roland SPD-11, Roland SPD-S, Drum-tec rack, Pearl Throne.

Comment

Thanks Mate !

Originally posted by twistedmellow View Post
                        Drool drool... nice work dude!
                        Mapex Saturn
                        Mapex M Birch

Comment

Even though my drums have a wrap and I like it, I've never seen a lacquered kit I didn't like. That little bit of wood grain that shows through just looks so classy. Nice kit.

Comment

Working...
                          X