Hi Hat Controller Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Hat Controller Question

There's a guy on Ebay that is selling these two piece hihat controllers that mount on your existing stand and he tells me that it funtions like a Roland VH 11-12 controller. It look like a half ball on the top and a six sided plate on the bottom, I was wondering if anyone has tried this product and does it really work like the Roland ones do?
    Thanks RK

Originally posted by roadking View Post
    There's a guy on Ebay that is selling these two piece hihat controllers that mount on your existing stand and he tells me that it funtions like a Roland VH 11-12 controller. It look like a half ball on the top and a six sided plate on the bottom, I was wondering if anyone has tried this product and does it really work like the Roland ones do?
    Thanks RK
    I think this questions has been asked just in the last couple days. Now, where did I see it...... Ah-Ha, here it is:

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45439

But, to answer your question, I don't think anyone here has tried it yet. I could be wrong, but nobody has chimed in on the other topic yet as having tried it.
    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Thanks Hellfire.
      No wonder I didn't see it, it was in the TECHY section. Maybe I'll give that a try and sell off my FD7 W/hihat stand and my FD8 and my Hart Epedal pro. I know, I just don't like the feel.
      Thanks RK

Comment

I have one on its way and will post a review when I've put it through its paces. As they say ... watch this space...
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

I just noticed this thread and the other thread that Hellfire pulled up (which I have just posted the same reply too.)

I have this rig, and I tell you this- it sucks... like a VH-11 my left foot! Actually, not like my left foot at all. I went to a slider box that you mount on the hihat stand- much better.

Regardless, if anybody wants to try this for yourself, I'd gladly sell the pieces as they are just sitting in a box. The construction is very, very simple and I'll sell them for next to nothing.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Cheapthrill. Why is it sooooo bad? No response or just doesn't work like or even close to a vh-11
            RK

Comment

Originally posted by roadking View Post
              Hi Cheapthrill. Why is it sooooo bad? No response or just doesn't work like or even close to a vh-11
              RK
              It has NO variable resistance. It is either in opened position or closed position with nothing in between. Besides that (as if you need more reason) it is very flimsy feeling. All in all, it is not even worth half of what it costs and comparing this device to a VH-11 is an absolute joke. I'm not trying to be mean, just brutally honest.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X