Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY-14C Main Trigger Gone Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-14C Main Trigger Gone Bad

I have a couple of CY-14Cs that the edge sensor works fine on but the Main trigger isn't picking up. I took one apart and started messing with the peizo in the back and I can touch it and make it trigger but it is a pretty strong force that makes it trigger. The connections look okay. Is this just a bad peizo? Anyone run into this and repaired it?

Any chance it is the jack? Just a hunch but I get similar results when a cable is loose...maybe the tip connector on the jack is loose...wanna trade it?
    chris :D

Comment

I had this problem. I just did a few tests to be sure it was the trigger and not my settings (swap cymbols over etc). Once I was sure of the problem, and because it was still in warranty, I just took it back to the shop where I bought it. They sent it back to Roland and I had a spanking new cymbal within a week.

Comment

Working...
      X