Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Hat control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Hat control

Hey everyone I'm brand new to the forum and brand new to electronic drums. I bought a Lloyd Audio LA 7000 drum module off of Ebay and built a drum set for it. I have everything working except for the hat control. I tried using a potentiometer but I can't seem to get a reaction. When I plug in my patch cord the hat closes and stays closed. Has anyone had this problem? What could I do to make a hat control pedal for this particular drum module? Thanks for reading through.

I just opened up the drum module and found that the actual brain is a medeli dd-602. I looked through their manual but I can't find anything on the hi-hat control.

Comment

Its possible that that module doesn't have a variable hat. Try a basic on/off switch. The Alesis I have makes three different hat sounds. One is closed hat, two is open hat and three would be a closed hat tapped with the stick.

So basically you have sound when the pedal is not pressed, You have sound when you press the pedal and don't strike the hat, and you have a sound when the pedal is pressed and you strike the hat. All three are assignable to different sounds. I don't know that that is your problem, but it might be.
      sigpic JerEd Systems, LED drum triggers

Comment

I have tried just sticking the leads together to simulate a switch but nothing happened. The leads produce enough voltage to power an LED, so I'm thinking it might be digital. Thank you for your input though. I appreciate it.

Comment

Just make sure that there is a sound assigned to that mode when you stick the wires together. If not, you won't get any sound.
          sigpic JerEd Systems, LED drum triggers

Comment

Working...
          X