Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Snare (Dual Zone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Snare (Dual Zone)

I'm pulling off my snare head and replacing it with a mesh head. How is the dual-zone ddrum snare trigger (link below)?

Is there any signal bleeding? Is it pretty responsive? Will this even work?

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfri...ger?sku=442193

Thanks,

Jason

You might try posting in the products section using the product name in the header. I have no experience with these.
    chris :D

Comment

I just recently outfitted my snare with a DDrum snare trigger going into the TD20. It works perfectly fine so far and I can't tell an audible difference between the Roland pad and my DIY. The feel is alot more realistic for some reason probably because it IS a real snare.

The only minor downside to it is you have to get an XLR to TRS female adapter to adapt it to the TRS jack. I picked one up at my local GC for like 5-6 bucks in the adapters section.
      My Setup: Converted Pacific A to E, DW5000 Accelerator double pedal, Ahead sticks, Presonus Firepod, Denon DN-HP1000 headphones, HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop running Drumkit from Hell Solo, Sonar Producer.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Positional Sensing with modules that support the feature is what you lose with edge mounted triggers. I don't like to loose features like that myself.
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
          X