Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where did the cy-15 bell fix thread go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where did the cy-15 bell fix thread go?

i read a thread here about someone who modded a cymbal bell so you didn't have to wack it so hard. i was shure it was in DIY but i can't find it..did some serches and nothing..im not interested in doing the mod but i remember that there was some good advise in that thread about settings on the td-20 that helped to some extent..i tried trigger sensitivity and inst. volume but im gonna break a stick or a wrist trying to trigger this thing consistently..any tips would be appreciated.thanks

Possibly this one in DIY, although it only mentions trying other bell instrument sounds:

CY15R Nuclear Option Bell Fix originally posted in Technical

Bruce

Comment

BarT,

I'm honored you linked to my post, but confused about your synopsis. I go into rather gory detail about how I actually did open-heart surgery on my CY15. Go back and read the whole thing. Just in time for Halloween!

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
        BarT,

I'm honored you linked to my post, but confused about your synopsis. I go into rather gory detail about how I actually did open-heart surgery on my CY15. Go back and read the whole thing. Just in time for Halloween!
        I did read it. Does it not fit the criteria? I couldn't find any other likely CY-15R bell mod in the DIY forum. Can you?

Bruce

Comment

SP posted a nice CY-12 bell fix tutorial that might be helpful.

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...light=bell+fix
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
            SP posted a nice CY-12 bell fix tutorial that might be helpful.

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...light=bell+fix
            this is the thread that i had read and was trying to find again.thanks. that definitly is a design flaw. didn't someone at roland development even try to play one..it's unusable really, when you see that they spent so much effort to make the rest of the package sound so great, i mean positional sensing, rim shots, tree way triggering,on and on, all so well designed..you think they would have hired a drummer to test the cymbals to make sure that they were actually playable... o.k. well i got that out of my system..if the rim gain doesn't work,maybe i'll drive over it with my truck till the bell softens or get the scalple out i guess..

Comment

I just did this fix...thanks!

I just did my first two DIY improvment projects.

One was the bell fix for the CY-12R/C. Many thanks to everyone who put together the thread/tutorial for it.

I ended up using a simple sheet of printer paper folded over... did a rub on it in the channel and put the double thickness piece of paper in place (no adhesive) before closing up the cymbal.

It's a LOT more sensitive on the bell that it used to be. I'd like it a hair more sensitive...I may open it up one more time and try increasing/descreasing the thickness of my paper shim, but it did make a world of difference.

Anyway, thanks again! The thread gave me the courage to open her up and get it working the way it should.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                I did read it. Does it not fit the criteria? I couldn't find any other likely CY-15R bell mod in the DIY forum. Can you?

Bruce
                It's just that in your original post, you said it (my post) "only mentions trying other bell instrument sounds".

I'm just being a whiny crybaby. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
                  It's just that in your original post, you said it (my post) "only mentions trying other bell instrument sounds".
                  I should have said, "... but it doesn't include much about settings", because that's what was being sought in a physical mod thread.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X