Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Dual Trigger Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Dual Trigger Design

I found some pictures on this web site.
    http://stealthdrums.com/Misc.html

the two piezos are stacked together. Upper piezo is the rim piezo, and bottom piezo is head piezo.

Anyone try this design? Can share any photo.

The only 'conversion' in those pictures is the color change.

The PD-80R is a dual-zone pad. Thats the way they come.
    If you're thinking about adding a second trigger to a PD-80 (no R) single zone pad, those pictures won't help you other than to show you a possible solution. I can't recall seeing any information anywhere about converting a single zone PD-80 to dual zone. And I don't have any first hand knowledge of the pad design to know whether you could just buy the PD-80R guts from Roland and retro-fit the PD-80 to a PD-80R dual zone equivalent.

And I think you've got it backwards... the upper sensor would be the head sensor. The lower one would be for the rim.
    Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

What I mean is not modify PD-80 to a dual trigger pad, but diy a dual trigger pad base on roland stack piezo design.

I saw all the diy pads, the rim piezo is mounted on rim. Just wondering anyone try Roland stack piezo design?

I will try this method, but I don't have a Roland drum module until Oct, so now I can only wait.

Comment

Working...
      X