Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rim triggering with a snare made of matal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim triggering with a snare made of matal???

I just came in possession of a 14" piccolo snare drum made of metal, and I would very mush like to make it the snare for my TD6.

But I have no experience with metal, piezo and how well I can make it trigger at a rim bash. Has any of you out there, messed with such a project? (dual triggering)

I would be pleased if someone could answer my question

I have a 14" metal snare with an isolate Beatnik crossbar for the head cone/piezo and 4 piezos wired for the rim. Just stuck them on the side of the shell. No problems at all. Note I use an Alesis Trigger IO not a Roland module.

Comment

Originally posted by Gastric View Post
      I have a 14" metal snare with an isolate Beatnik crossbar for the head cone/piezo and 4 piezos wired for the rim. Just stuck them on the side of the shell. No problems at all. Note I use an Alesis Trigger IO not a Roland module.
      Thanq for the quick reply, but why so many piezos for the rim?

Comment

Because someone here said so.

I have one rim piezo on my dual-trigger toms and it's hard to get the rim trigger since it's very localized. In contrast the snare rim triggers all over the place with ease. I'll be adding at least one other rim trigger to the shells of my wood toms to improve rim triggering there. But probably not 4 unless 2 doesn't cut it.

Comment

many thanx! I might as well put four piezos on my snare, just ordered five new ones yesterday, I just heard one was enough though, but sounds reasonable

Comment

Working...
          X