Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New boy needs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boy needs advice

Hi folks,

I've been searching through the threads here for a while, gathering some info and am now ready to purchase. However, I would really like some feedback from the good people in here first before I start shelling out the hard earned cash.

To give you some background, this will be my first kit. I cannot play drums, but have now played enough RockBand on the xbox that I know I want to give the real instrument a go instead of playing something on my TV!

I originally intended to go a factory vdrum kit instead of acoustic, to save the sanity of my wife and neighbours, but after reading up in here, really wanted to give an A to E conversion a go, both for the price difference and the feel of a real kit. Unfortunately, my time is very limited for a project like this, so I have decided on an acoustic setup with triggered mesh heads, so I have something to start on and then I can convert 1 drum at a time over a long period.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

1 x cheap acoustic kit from eBay
    1 set ddrum pro triggers
    Cabling for triggers to module
    Pintech mesh heads
    Roland TD9 Module

I'm still a bit up in the air about how to do the cymbals, but have been looking at this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....id=p2761.l1259 for the hi hat

Can anyone offer some suggestions on whether this will work (i.e ddrum triggers with roland module) and if you can see any glaring omissions in my parts list, or any suggestions on better items.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers,
    Brad

Did you check out any of the jobecky drums from UK?

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Originally posted by pasta View Post
      Did you check out any of the jobecky drums from UK?
      No, haven't seen them yet, do they ship internationally?

Comment

Not for me, I'd rather give it a go myself, but thanks for the advice.

Any other opinions on my parts list?

Comment

Working...
        X