Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad Type

Again I would like to say thanks for everyone for sharing their info on this site. I just finished my first A to E conversion and me and the guy's in the band love it. I now have a great looking kit with the huge roland sound.

I am using a td-20 module and with the diy toms, what type of pad should the module be set to, or does it make a difference? The roland manual says to set to pad 1 or 2 if using a none roland pad. Are there any prefeneces out there.

Thanks.

Originally posted by mudwasp17 View Post
    Again I would like to say thanks for everyone for sharing their info on this site. I just finished my first A to E conversion and me and the guy's in the band love it. I now have a great looking kit with the huge roland sound.

I am using a td-20 module and with the diy toms, what type of pad should the module be set to, or does it make a difference? The roland manual says to set to pad 1 or 2 if using a none roland pad. Are there any prefeneces out there.

Thanks.
    Depends on how many zones and what kind of build your pads are.... Got pics?
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

The toms are just single zone converted from a set of tamas. I used the crossbar design with 27 mm piezo sensors and cones from ufo drums. They trigger great, but I was just wondering if the setting makes much of a difference and if one works better than the other.

I am also using a hart pro snare with the td 20 and I still have not been able to dial it in yet. It seems to choke out when playing the toms and snare at the same time or when doing triplets and quads around the set.
      Do you have any experience with the hart snare?

By the way, I love your set and website. Thanks again for all the info you share. I hope to post pics soon and now with this first project done I am looking forward to my next one. I see some areas where I can improve on the design and construction.

Comment

I'll let Jman answer the pad types to try for those DIY toms.

But for the snare; if it's on its own stand, set the Mount Type to Separate at TRIGGER, XTALK (F4), MOUNT (F2); and XTALK CANCEL to 10 or OFF. (Other recommended settings are on the top line of the attached "HART DYNAMICS TRIGGER SETTINGS FOR ROLAND TD-20".)

Bruce
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mudwasp17 View Post
          The toms are just single zone converted from a set of tamas. I used the crossbar design with 27 mm piezo sensors and cones from ufo drums. They trigger great, but I was just wondering if the setting makes much of a difference and if one works better than the other.

By the way, I love your set and website. Thanks again for all the info you share. I hope to post pics soon and now with this first project done I am looking forward to my next one. I see some areas where I can improve on the design and construction.
          Single zone crossbar toms.... I would start with PD-100 for 8 or 10" toms and PD-120 for anything larger. These are just starting points, then you can fine tune from there. If they were dual zone I would start with PD-105 for 8, and 10" and PD-125 for larger.

Here is a post I did that might give you a quick start on the parameter tweaking. You can just ignore the ADVANCED: Rim Gain, and Rimshot Adjust instructions but the Basic settings and Scan, Mask Time, Retrig Cancel still apply:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost...32&postcount=6

Thanks for the kudos. Yeah, post up some pics when you are all set....
          Last edited by JmanWord; 07-13-08, 12:36 PM.
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
            X