Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD100 to PD105 2nd trigger probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD100 to PD105 2nd trigger probs

Ok. I added the second trigger to my PD-100 (essentially making it a PD-105), but it is not even close to the volume of my old "stock" dual trigger head. Is there a way to bring that volume up separate from the snare, or would a second trigger added to the rim wired parallel help out?

thanks,
    dbl

You need to give more info like: What module you are using and what input you are using, also you don't have any info on what piezo you used for the rim or piezo placement.
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

True.. That was an oooops on my part.. Sorry here goes...

TD-8 Module
      Pretty sure it's hooked up through the Kick input, but if not it's the AUX (I'm at the office so I can't tell right now), with a 1/4" TRS Stereo to Dual Mono Connector, running mono cables to both.
      The Piezo is the Radio Shack cheapy, the one with the circular black housing about a quarter in diameter. Can't remember the model number. I got the number from another post in the forum, but with a quick search, I can't find it now. I'll do some more digging. And again, I can check when I get back home.

Thanks,
      dbl

Comment

Originally posted by dbldare View Post
        True.. That was an oooops on my part.. Sorry here goes...

TD-8 Module
        Pretty sure it's hooked up through the Kick input, but if not it's the AUX (I'm at the office so I can't tell right now), with a 1/4" TRS Stereo to Dual Mono Connector, running mono cables to both.
        The Piezo is the Radio Shack cheapy, the one with the circular black housing about a quarter in diameter. Can't remember the model number. I got the number from another post in the forum, but with a quick search, I can't find it now. I'll do some more digging. And again, I can check when I get back home.

Thanks,
        dbl
        With either one of those inputs .... those are splittable, but they are designed to run two individual mono pads. With a dual piezo pad, well that is a design that is made to work for the snare drum type input... in that input the rim piezo on the shell works in conjunction with the head piezo and will give you a good rim response. If you use a shell piezo attached to the drum run through an input by itself you won't get a good response because the piezo is only getting indirect vibration ... not like a head trigger with foam where the piezo is getting direct contact. You would be better off just using 2 single zone pads for the splittable Kick or Aux. inputs.
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Jman,

Sorry! Man am I an idiot?!?! I did if fact add two heads to the kit using the splitters via the two inputs I mentioned earlier..... BUT!!!! I actually added the piezo to the pd-100 by soldering it to the existing board! Man am I overworked or what?!?!? I feel like a complete schmuck for not remembering that whole part!!! Sorry again! So that being said, what am I up against?

Sorry again,
          dbl

Comment

Originally posted by dbldare View Post
            Jman,

Sorry! Man am I an idiot?!?! I did if fact add two heads to the kit using the splitters via the two inputs I mentioned earlier..... BUT!!!! I actually added the piezo to the pd-100 by soldering it to the existing board! Man am I overworked or what?!?!? I feel like a complete schmuck for not remembering that whole part!!! Sorry again! So that being said, what am I up against?

Sorry again,
            dbl
            OK, If you are running 2 pads on the type of splitter you are supposed to use on those inputs.... something like this:
            http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP117/

The splitter only uses the head zone of each pad.... the rim zone would not even sound. The only dual piezo input on a TD-8 is the snare input... So, you have a 10" dual zone pad, but really the only input for that kind is snare... If you test that pad in the snare input.... if all is correct you should get a pretty decent response.

Got a pic of how you did the second piezo on the PD-100 and how you have everything hooked up? I may not be understanding your setup....
            Last edited by JmanWord; 07-15-08, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X