Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piezo hook up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piezo hook up

I am trying to find the thread about this (Or if someone could help me ). In mono piezo hook up which lead goes to the tip and which lead goes to the sleeve? Is it still OK to use stereo cables? That is all I have for cables.

Thanks in advance
    Vinny
    Last edited by vjboc; 07-10-08, 07:47 PM.
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

For a simple mono input, I am connecting the center ceramic part of the piezo to the tip of the TRS plug/jack. The brass part of the piezo goes to the sleeve of the TRS plug/jack. This is not true if you are doing a snare with rim switch to be compatible with Roland modules, but that's not what you're asking. For a simple mono input it should make no difference theoretically if you reverse the connections and run the ceramic to the sleeve and the brass to the tip. All this does is invert the sense of the trigger signal and changes the trigger point by 1/2 cycle - you could never tell the difference.

Yes, stereo cable is fine, the ring conductor is simply left unused.

Comment

Working...
    X