Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transforming acoustic snare to electronic trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transforming acoustic snare to electronic trigger?

im Considering taking an old, unused snare and transforming it into an electronic trigger for my spds.

was thinking about using a mesh fell for the striking surface and hooking it up through a roland acoustic snare trigger, but maybe inside the drum??

seems simple, but im unsure how it will feel dynamically and how the sounds will respond to each hit!

any tips will be appreciated!

cheers

s

I converted a 13X6 tama snare to my e-snare using externally mounted ddrum triggers and it works great. All I did was remove the snares and throw off, fill the drum about 7/8 full of foam (with just a little of the soft egg crate stuff touching the head for dampening). I then mounted the trigger and applied the Hart rim trim (had to cut it due to the rim mounted trigger).

J
    Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
    Module - Roland TD20X
    Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

thanks for that! do u have any pics?
      and the foam you used, was it similar to what u find on studio/rehearsal room walls and looks like egg cartons?
      what do you think about using the mesh head?

s

Comment

I don't have any of just the snare, but here are a couple that show it with the kit. I used some grey packing foam to fill the drum, and then a piece about 1" wide with an egg crate pattern that runs across the drum (touching the head), about 1/3 of the way up the drum. I like the mesh heads for their low volume, which suits my application.

J
        Attached Files
        Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
        Module - Roland TD20X
        Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

thanks!

away ti get my tools!

Comment

Working...
          X