Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Tubes

Does anyone have a decent source for aluminum rack tubes? I want to add a couple of arms to my existing Roland rack. I know Drumbalaya used to carry them but that does me no good without a time machine. A search turned up lots of info on PVC and steel, but no aluminum.

Thanks

I've got some short pieces of Hart rack tubing that I no longer need. I think they are a brushed steel as opposed to aluminum though. Great stuff however.

Comment

Thanks Chris, but actually I need something around 2 feet long as I want to make some vertical posts.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFiore View Post
        Thanks Chris, but actually I need something around 2 feet long as I want to make some vertical posts.
        I've got two 2 foot pieces, two three foot pieces and one four foot (approx.). They were all done custom for me.

Comment

I'm thinking you could order them from musiciansfriend or other online store and use a reciprocating saw and cut to length.

Adam

Comment

Attached is a pic of the extra tubes I have.

Also, I measured and the lengths are:
            • (2) 22.0"
            • (2) 30.5"
            • (1) 36.0"
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jude View Post
              Attached is a pic of the extra tubes I have.

• (2) 22.0"
              • (2) 30.5"
              • (1) 36.0"
              I'm interested in the 1.5" cross clamps(I need two)...and maybe two 30.5" tubes....if you will sell to just anybody that is
              chris :D

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
                I'm interested in the 1.5" cross clamps(I need two)...and maybe two 30.5" tubes....if you will sell to just anybody that is
                Of course! Let me find out what Jim decides on tubes (we've been PM'ing) and I'll get back to you shortly.

Comment

I've got two 2 foot pieces, two three foot pieces and one four foot (approx.). They were all done custom for me.
                  And then some time later,

* (2) 22.0"
                  * (2) 30.5"
                  * (1) 36.0"
                  I think it is reasonable to assume that Chris tells people that certain "items" of his are longer than they actually are. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
                    Jim decided to take the three longer tubes and two clamps. So I will only have the two shorter tubes and two clamps left I'm afraid.

Originally posted by JimFiore View Post
                    ...I think it is reasonable to assume that Chris tells people that certain "items" of his are longer than they actually are. ;-)
                    I have been known to "stretch it" occasionally.

Comment

I have been known to "stretch it" occasionally.
                      That's fine by me, just don't "stretch it" in public.

Comment

I have some aluminum Hart's (black) I can part with if you want black.
                        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

If no one wants the shorter ones I could use them.

Comment

Jim decided to take the three longer tubes and two clamps. So I will only have the two shorter tubes and two clamps left I'm afraid.
                            PM'd you Chris
                            chris :D

Comment

Anyone ever use PVC to make a racks? I found a few long pieces in my garage. They're are 1 1/4".

Comment

Working...
                              X